Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Heroes Unlimited

Last post 03-20-2008, 11:18 PM by Demortix. 46 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (47 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  2/12/2004 9:46:00 PM 500349

Heroes Unlimited

OK, I've been wanting to do this for a good long while...

Heroes Unlimited is a freeform dice rolling RPG system, that can actually be handled well over the internet! (So can RIFTS, but DAMN that's overpower)

In this game, you will randomly generate a hero from the heroes universe... like the title says, it's unlimited (You could end up with Acanous... seriously... Bestowed hero with one major and two minor powers... Immortality is the major, Energy expulsion: Sound and supernatural M.A. for minor... He got the Gatesaber later which is an enchanted weapon built by a hardware class weapons expert... that's right, a tech made magic weapon...with the power of teleport: major and a couple other things... )

but anyhow, don't pick your powers or anything, it will all be random number generation, which I'll do over PM to ensure no duplicate mega powers... for stats and skills, I'll pick the skills when it's time for charactor rounding out, but first I just want to see who'd be in. This is set in the modern era.

•  2/12/2004 9:50:00 PM 519304 in reply to 500349

RE: Heroes Unlimited

You so have the support of the Drake girl.
    Come, see Neko Girl Jessica's Place, a haven for RPers everywhere!
  •  2/12/2004 10:16:00 PM 521755 in reply to 500349

As well as the support of the artist formerly known as SecretAdmirer.
  •  2/12/2004 10:23:00 PM 521250 in reply to 500349

This sounds cool. But why does it make me think of webcomics?
  •  2/13/2004 12:41:00 AM 522859 in reply to 500349

Perhaps because you're posting on the board for one?

I'm willing to participate, though I have school mon-fri 7AM-2PM... (can post during lunch, tech class most days)

If that's OK, then I'm in.

•  2/13/2004 12:54:00 AM 522815 in reply to 500349

I want to be in ! I have a sensation of déja-vu... Wait, that's because I wanted to do the same thing, yesterday !
  •  2/13/2004 7:54:00 AM 523650 in reply to 500349

Too random for my tastes. I know too well what kind of abilities I can and can't handle; I have no desire to be stuck with uberness I can't properly manipulate.
    Six inches of cute brooding war hero.
  •  2/13/2004 8:00:00 AM 522816 in reply to 500349

I know ! Roll us 3 chars ! We choose the one we prefer !
  •  2/13/2004 8:10:00 AM 522860 in reply to 500349

I dunno, I kind of dig the whole random aspect.

•  2/13/2004 9:31:00 AM 522531 in reply to 500349

Well da Supa Pimp is ready! I may decide to change my name.
  •  2/13/2004 1:31:00 PM 523472 in reply to 500349

it takes roughly 2 hours for me to properly make a charactor, guys... making 3 per would take 6 hours per player...

but Gender isn't random!...well, unless you WANT it to be, in which case flip a coin...

so you can pick your gender... if you wanna. else, pick a number between one and two :p

because stats are easy to reroll, if you don't like your STATS, you get ONE reroll for each stat you don't like. ONE PER STAT. The result of the SECOND roll, if you choose to take a second roll, is FINAL, and cannot be changed.

...well, that is, untill we get to your powers and skills....

powers and skills can change your stats.

more on that later. So I have what? 7 players?

I'll build charactors by order of signup, starting with T-drake.

...now just to figure out wether I should roll a bunch of dice or just ask TD to pick a bunch of random numbers... ^_^

Will post later, hopefully when people are online to IM.

•  2/13/2004 1:34:00 PM 523212 in reply to 500349

I'll take female.
  •  2/14/2004 8:19:00 PM 526605 in reply to 500349

(Note to all involved: This will start out as a slower paced RPG. what does this mean? It means that there's only going to be one update every day or so. For the first bit, anyway.

Note to all joining players:

I want this to be a well thought out modern RPG, and that means planning and consideration for other charactors... these people should matter. There will be backstory and mindset considerations to make it a better game. Remember, you can still have a wacky, outgoing charactor who'se random and off the conventional hook [Insane heroes are fun!] but, at the same time, his equiptment and finances are exhaustable... and the players need to consider long term effects as well as the short term bursts of emotion. Most of you already KNOW all this, I just don't want someone to simply pop in later with something like "My charactor steps through a dimensional vortex into this RP with an everlasting bag of gold..." [OK, Acanous is guilty of simply stepping in, but that's only in freeform, and when it's freeform it's OK. The point I'm trying to make is that this is not freeform, it is structured. I won't be an ass about it, I want my players to do what they will, but know that they will be part of a system.])

OK, T-Drake, I'll count on you for a name and a hero name, as well as a backstory. You also need an age, and a homeland. Feel free to indulge yourself with the backstory, like how you got your powers, people you knew/know, add family if you feel like it, your job is NOT a neccessity (Many heroes go hero full time, and don't bother with secret identities, but some do. If you choose to go with a secret identity, do so NOW.) But if you want a job and a secret identity, now is the time to add it. Anything you might want to add for backstory is propably OK. Your basic jist of how you got your powers will be included in my rolls which will follow, but feel free to extrapolate on it.

OK, here we go. Starting with Base Stats:

(Remember, you get one reroll per stat)

[IQ]Intellegence Quotent:19
    [ME]Mental Endurance:14(How much stress you can handle)
    [MA]Mental Affinity:12 (Your mental Charisma, leadership skills)
    [PS]Physical Strength:11
    [PP]Physical Prowess:15(Your dextarity)
    [PE]Physical Endurance:6(Looks like SOMEONE can't go all night)
    [PB]Physical Beauty:19
    [SPD]Speed:14 (You can run 280 meters per minute.)

HP: 8.

These are your beginning stats. they WILL change after I add powers and such. Speaking of which...

you are a psionic hero.

(Must go for supper now, will update other half after I eat...)

•  2/14/2004 8:32:00 PM 525638 in reply to 500349

Um...what exactly does psionic mean? Never been too clear on that.
  •  2/14/2004 8:43:00 PM 525385 in reply to 500349

Usually psychics, adding telekenesis and other 'force of will' powers to telepathy. Pyrokenesis, for example, is a psionic.

That's always been my interpretation usually. And I'm bored enough to read every topic and post in them all.

Six inches of cute brooding war hero.
Page 1 of 4 (47 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML