Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Any word on Twitch?

Last post 10-27-2006, 5:10 PM by Twitch. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (21 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10/15/2006 11:20:18 PM 788587

Any word on Twitch?

I was wondering if everyone's favorite gnome's made any notes of his presence since his notice on moving. I would also ponder if he's made it to where he'd wanted to go yet.

So, any word?

If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write. - Stephen King

DCI Character Stats Thread
  •  10/16/2006 12:57:20 AM 788593 in reply to 788587

Re: Any word on Twitch?

*coughs* Sorry, thought I made mention of myself. Yes, I'm here; finally got a stable internet connection and what not. Got my job interview tomorrow and all that jazz. Things are looking real good here in Austin though I'm not settled in just yet so I'll likely be in and out for the next few months as I get everything situated. I ended up needing to ditch most of my clothing so I've only got a few changes... that'll be first on my list of things to replace once I start pulling in some capital.

Thanks for thinking of me, good to know I'm missed; I know I missed you guys. I may not have been posting often but on the rare chance I had the time to check in on you guys it always brought a smile to my lips. I check in on you all later and let you know how things are going, things are a bit crazy at the moment what with the job thing, meeting all these friends in person for the first time, spending time with my girlfriend ect, ect... I got brought in to this thing called Amtguard, don't know if anyone here's heard of it; it's kinda silly but loads of fun. Think mideval/fantasy combat with foam padded weapons. Apparently I'm an impressive staff/spear fighter. :P
  •  10/16/2006 2:01:48 AM 788596 in reply to 788593

The gnome lives! Arudin's scheme must have gone awry. Errr... Ignore that. I've said too much already. Nice to see you, Twitch. Smile
    Dungeon Crawl Inc. - It's the most fun you can have without three midgets and a whip!
  •  10/16/2006 4:13:54 AM 788601 in reply to 788593

Glad you made it to Austin alive, Twitch! How was the journey? Good luck with the job interview.

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  10/16/2006 10:48:01 AM 788620 in reply to 788601

Ah, good to hear from ya, Twitch! Sounds like things are looking up save for the wardrobe incident. Surprise Meh, my mother almost forces me to get new clothes at times, mostly so I have something that looks good for being outside of the house.

Also good to hear you got a job interview going down. Good luck with that. Huzzah for the traveling gnome! Party!!!

If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write. - Stephen King

DCI Character Stats Thread
  •  10/16/2006 12:11:11 PM 788632 in reply to 788620

@ Kayless, And very glad to be back.

@ Vkm, In a word… boring. Three days and two nights on a greyhound bus, sleeping on those uncomfortable seats… I really wish I would have been able to bike it despite the dangers.

@Galuf, Heh, yeah I really did need new clothing anyway; haven’t lived with my mother in oh, four or five years so I haven’t had her dragging me to the store to buy new clothing.

•  10/17/2006 4:11:13 AM 788663 in reply to 788593

Twitch:
    I got brought in to this thing called Amtguard, don't know if anyone here's heard of it; it's kinda silly but loads of fun. Think mideval/fantasy combat with foam padded weapons. Apparently I'm an impressive staff/spear fighter. :P

Uh... is that LRP? I'm in a group here in Australia called BIF.

I love it when I'm asked to play with fire.

http://19Rhianna91.bebo.com
    Please visit me!
  •  10/17/2006 11:58:57 AM 788682 in reply to 788663

In a way, yes... but the combat isn't roleplayed, you go out there with foam padded weapons and beat the crap out of eachother. We use foam wrapped PVC pipes.
  •  10/17/2006 12:54:06 PM 788685 in reply to 788663

blackpanther:

Uh... is that LRP? I'm in a group here in Australia called BIF.

You participate in a group where you beat each other with foam covered weapons and it is called BIF. Stick out tongue

Is that short for Beatings In Foam?

H-here, b-bunny, bunny, bunny...

•  10/17/2006 7:12:11 PM 788695 in reply to 788685

No, actually.Stick out tongue It stands for Be In Fantasy. (at least, it did last time I checked...Big Smile)

Please visit me!
  •  10/18/2006 5:18:46 AM 788711 in reply to 788695

Our University LARP group was called BUTTS (Birmingham University Treasure Trap Society, after the Perckforton Castle group), BURPS was already being used by the Role Playing Society.
    Hmm

That still only counts as one!
  •  10/19/2006 5:38:38 PM 788796 in reply to 788682

Twitch:
    In a way, yes... but the combat isn't roleplayed, you go out there with foam padded weapons and beat the crap out of eachother. We use foam wrapped PVC pipes.

No storyline or anything? In that case, it sounds like Orcs and Elves. I'm not allowed to play that yet because I'm not old enough. That's what we use for our weapons too.

Please visit me!
  •  10/20/2006 12:04:11 AM 788804 in reply to 788796

Yeah, sixteen is like the youngest you can be for this I think but your parents need to sign a form saying you can play first. As far as storyline goes... there can be I suppose but mostly it seems to be along the lines of the SCA as far as story goes. There are various registered kingdoms all across the US and maybe even other countries as well with monarchs and the like, it's basically a persistant reinactment. One of my current roommates is the Lord of our Shire, he is also a member of an elite Mercenary band known as Black Company; It's pretty cool.
  •  10/20/2006 4:50:29 PM 788848 in reply to 788804

I've seen a couple of videos of large scale fights in Germany. Hundreds of people in medieval armour fighting each other en masse. Apparently one person I spoke said they occasionally have catapults throwing blocks of polystrene at opposing armies. Apparently getting hit by one doesn't hurt but you definitely know when you've been hit.

Here's a large fight between two sets of rival Orcs just to give you the scale (I swear I've seen bigger battles on videos though).

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  10/21/2006 6:08:57 AM 788864 in reply to 788848

Well, I used to be a LARPer...New England group called the Realms of Wonder. But then the leader of the group I was in became a born-again Christian and abandoned most of what he held dear, including that. So, without a group, and with my schoolwork and all, I just don't see any reason. I still practice with some of my friends every now and then though.

But yea, hi Twitch!
Page 1 of 2 (21 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML