Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Will Drizzt be featureed & Hi I'm the new guy!

Last post 03-27-2008, 1:54 PM by VkmSpouge. 49 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (50 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11/26/2006 11:50:41 PM 791062

Will Drizzt be featureed & Hi I'm the new guy!

Hello, my name is Sliversun and I've just joined this fourm.  I love this webcomic, because it has everything; action, adventure, supsense, romance, epic-storyline, but most importantly humor! :)

I was just wondering if Drizzt and co. were going to team up with the heros, as Drizzit has been mentioned only once before.  That and the both teams are heading for Icewind Dale.  You all have to admit, that would be pretty cool (and funny as hell!).

Please let me know soon!

•  11/27/2006 1:10:01 AM 791068 in reply to 791062

Re: Will Drizzt be featureed & Hi I'm the new guy!

Hello and welcome to the forums Silversun. Smile 

As for Drizzt and co. you never know.  The gang is planning to head towards Icewind Dale, so it's possible. Wink

Dungeon Crawl Inc. - It's the most fun you can have without three midgets and a whip!
  •  11/28/2006 9:35:56 AM 791182 in reply to 791068

Welcome, Silversun. Have a penguin.
    If Drizzt and co. show up hopefully something funny will happen to them.

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  11/28/2006 10:51:29 PM 791258 in reply to 791182

I certainly hope so!  Let me know if you want any ideas or suggestions or even possible qoutes.
  •  12/1/2006 12:31:20 AM 791479 in reply to 791258

What about the rest of you?  Does anyone else on this fourm want Drizzt in the comic?

•  12/1/2006 1:01:29 AM 791483 in reply to 791479

Aaaaah, it's so cute.  He expects people to respond in a timely manner!!
  •  12/1/2006 8:58:35 AM 791529 in reply to 791479

Sliversun:

What about the rest of you?  Does anyone else on this fourm want Drizzt in the comic?

It might not be Drizzt, it could be a funny parody of him trying to chat up Teagan.

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  12/2/2006 1:01:12 PM 791610 in reply to 791479

Sliversun:

Not really, I've never really been all that crazy about Drizzt, still it might be funny to see some kind of exchange between him and Castor, like Drizzt and Teagan get into a fight and Castor comes bounding to her aid. 

Drizzt, "Come to your senses man!  She's a priestess of Lolth.  She'll never give up her goddess for you.  She's a spiteful maneater, and in the end she will just eat you up."

Castor..thinks about that for a second and with a big smile on his face says, "Really? which part of me will she eat first?"

•  12/3/2006 11:23:36 AM 791741 in reply to 791610

I'm kind of a Drizzt fangirl, and I think it could be funny as hell if he showed up.

Especially with Teagan about.

I swear, now you're just doing it to piss me off.
  •  12/3/2006 2:49:36 PM 791764 in reply to 791741

Welcome to the forum, Silversun! Have a chocolate fudge brownie.

I'm a major Drizzt fan so I think it would be cool if he turned up! 

I love it when I'm asked to play with fire.

http://19Rhianna91.bebo.com
    Please visit me!
  •  12/3/2006 7:18:11 PM 791797 in reply to 791764

Well I may get flamed for this, but what the hell, here it goes....

I've read the Dark Elf Trilogy.  R.A. Salvatore did have his moments.  I love how he describes the world in which Drizzt grew up in all wraped up neatly with a dark sense of humor, but imho Drizzt felt like a pretty two dimensional character.

To grow up in an evil society and stay above all of its temptations and remain innocent seemed a trifle unrealistic to me.  You would think that Drizzt would pick up at least a few vices along the way.  Yet the guy doesn't drink, doesn't have wanton meaningless sex or for that matter takes his pants off for anything.  How this guy manages to take the moral high road when hes covered in muck is beyond me.   But he does and instead spends a great deal of time lamenting and feeling guilty about things that are beyond his control. 

Aside from his prowess in battle and the ability to become a scimatar blender, there just doesn't seem to be much there charecter wise, at least to me.   

•  12/4/2006 7:22:28 PM 791969 in reply to 791797

*flames Crossforge* (not)

You are welcome to your opinion, we just might not agree. Stick out tongue Have you read the newest ones where he's flying around with the elf? He seems to be having problems, but he finally settles on Cattie-brie. He does have a personality, it just doesn't show around his enemies much.

Please visit me!
  •  12/4/2006 11:25:20 PM 791992 in reply to 791969

blackpanther:

*flames Crossforge* (not)

You are welcome to your opinion, we just might not agree. Stick out tongue Have you read the newest ones where he's flying around with the elf? He seems to be having problems, but he finally settles on Cattie-brie. He does have a personality, it just doesn't show around his enemies much.

Well...thats a pretty surprising attitude often when I share an unpopular opinion I get blasted for it, I remember one time I poked fun at the 2nd edition rules on the planetbaldursgate forums and got screamed at by one of the fans who called me a noob among other things.  Never mind the fact that I had been playing 2nd edition for several years.....

Anyway no I haven't read any of the later books, and I probably won't.  If Drizzt didn't hold much appeal to me the first time around then I'm not going to have any motivation to continue reading about his adventures. 

On the other hand I am a fan of Liriel Baenre.  I keep hoping that Elaine Cunningham will write more books about her. 

•  12/5/2006 12:47:37 AM 791999 in reply to 791992

I have learned tolerance through having unpopular opinions myself.Wink

I haven't read the ones about Liriel Baenre yet, I haven't had a chance to get to the library. Maybe over the holidays...

3 DAYS LEFT!!!! YAY!!! I love going to a private school, we finish about two weeks earlier than public schools.

Please visit me!
  •  12/5/2006 1:23:07 PM 792046 in reply to 791999

blackpanther:

I haven't read the ones about Liriel Baenre yet, I haven't had a chance to get to the library. Maybe over the holidays...

The books are the Starlight and Shadows trilogy by Elaine Cunningham, you should be able to pick up the entire trilogy, if not the first book is Daughter of the Drow.  She's not evil but she's more then willing to embrace her drow side then Drizzt is.  If I was going by D&D alignments  would best describe Liriel as CN though over the coarse of the adventures she becomes more CG.

Page 1 of 4 (50 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML