Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Tales from 'The Pirates of the Raging Storm'

Last post 10-07-2007, 3:55 PM by VkmSpouge. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (33 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  4/21/2007 11:32:42 PM 799163

Tales from 'The Pirates of the Raging Storm'

Navigator's Log

Decided this place needed its own thread. There's also a roster if you click the image/title on the top.

"The Pirates of the Raging Storm" is a band of weirdos. We are led by Commadore Kamir Entrope, a Cansin (think Chaos Genasi). I play Ylenia the werewolf Psion (Kineticist discipline) & Navigator. Then there's Meryl the Catfolk Cleric & Cook and Vann, the spellwarped Aventi**... I think he's First-mate.

NPCs include Tira the Elven Sniper, Barrack (Dwarven master of hitting things), Bob & Nob (Gnomish shipwrights), Taylor Kanar (summoner extrodinaire), Zaki (Hazaru**), "The Bercilak" (Human Child), Callie (Halfing Bard/Brewer), Tabitha (Tibbit*), Jerris (Werepanther), and Andrade (He's a werebeetle).

Sadly, Gufo, our "Mascot" Owl (He was a cursed human trapped in the form of an owl) was struck down this past game (DM's law, no raise).

((Bylaws include: 1)You must be nonevil and wierd.  We welcome all freaks of nature!  Also, pickpocketing the captain is a optional initiation.  2)Should Captain Kamir be incapacitated or Ylenia is within earshot, Ylenia is in charge))

*It's in Dragon Magazine Compendium
    **Stormrack Races

Story so far: We mutinied in the first game and formed our own pirate crew.  Through various adventures and whatnot, we have learned that the shattered worked we thought was a world with edges is really a massive crater-lake and there's still a world below us.  The world history we (the characters) were taught was that a great demon named Zaim fought a wizard named Magwyn and their battle shattered our world, leaving the oceans with actual ends (Flat World Syndrome).

EPSC: She's crazy, lazy and oh-so-lovable!

"The deific powers I emit will surely burn your retinas!!!"

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  4/23/2007 6:41:03 AM 799223 in reply to 799163

Re: Tales from 'The Pirates of the Raging Storm'

The Commadore Biggles part really made me laugh.

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  4/23/2007 10:48:39 AM 799235 in reply to 799223

I started calling the player's character "Commadore Biggles" instead of Kamir out of sheer amusement.  I got the name from Futurama when Bender called Fry "Biggles".  I threw in the Commadore part because it sounded distinguished.

It wasn't until a few games later that he started using the sock-puppet and insisting that it was first mate and such.  We even considered making it an intelligent item, but he recently paid off the NPC Taylor to use Wish 5 times and gain +5 Wisdom, thus gaining some semblence of sanity.  He's still the mad captain of the high seas, though.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  5/14/2007 11:23:46 PM 800101 in reply to 799235

Due to my website being insolent, I have created a back-up "blog" of Ylenia's adventures at sea.

Navigator's Log (alternate link)
    Suffice to say, the game was tense and I feared for our characters' lives on multiple occasions

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  5/16/2007 10:24:09 AM 800127 in reply to 800101

That was a very close battle. By the sounds of it you were lucky to get out with your character's life still intact.

Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  5/16/2007 2:13:21 PM 800137 in reply to 800127

The first fight wasnt too bad.  It was an average level of challenge.  Glim was a little harder, but we managed.  The final fight really scared me since no one could spot the paladin in hiding (My cousin actually figured out how to make a sneaky paladin) and this guy could smite ANY alignment.  My cousin was impressed I stood my ground when the others ran to fight  the rest of the enemies.  We're going to explore the sea-caves next game and hopefully we'll have Thunderfist Mark II soon.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  5/20/2007 4:14:19 PM 800261 in reply to 800137

Hopefully the Thunderfist MkII will last longer than the Thunderfist MkI. That paladin sure sounds very nasty to fight against, I wouldn't like to come up against him anytime.

•  6/2/2007 4:54:20 PM 800617 in reply to 800261

Rofl, I forgot you quasi-chronicled my game on here EPSC...

Ohh, the ship lasted plenty enough time... It's not like I can let them get too full of themselves, however.

*cackles* Well, Paladin I spose in a loosely-termed sense... I think 3d6 of sudden strike with smiting any alignment and hide/move silently checks near +50 for a 20 level build was quite good on my part. ^_^ I still can't remember what possessed me to make a sneaky paladin, only that I knew I had to do it.
  •  6/2/2007 5:43:14 PM 800621 in reply to 800617

Ye Gawds, my cousin found the forums!! ((Wait, I told him about them... Nat-One's, nevermind))

To be fair, I'm not nearly as arrogant as "Kamir" and "Vann".  I'm just a total wise@$$.

And as for that paladin, I believe I got lucky when I fought him.  I was more or less expecting TPK on a grand scale.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  6/3/2007 11:31:15 AM 800644 in reply to 800621

Welcome to the forum, Darthbear! Has anyone thought of including a flock of penguins in this sea adventure? I think it would add a real touch of class to the game Big Smile

•  6/4/2007 5:45:06 PM 800671 in reply to 800644

That may just be whacky enough to work! Brilliant idea!
    Maybe... If the penguins are evil and crave blood... j/k.
    Though really they have to figure out how to escape the
    little predicament I put them in at the end of the last
    game... Hehe. We shall see come Saturday.

The beautiful part about ALL those encounters last game
    is that they were each no more than 1 CR above the
    whole party. I'd call that some serious efficiency, given
    the possibility of a TPK. It helped that the cleric was my
    unlucky victim... :D
  •  6/7/2007 10:55:58 AM 800731 in reply to 800671

Will they survive to fight another day? Will they meet Captain Pugwash?

DarthBear:

Everybody loves evil, blood craving penguins!

•  6/7/2007 8:18:54 PM 800758 in reply to 800731

Well, Sir Taranis *did* escape, and they didn't manage to blow up Commander Quartermain's ship, though they did get a sizeable chunk of the fleet before their ships went down.
    Recurring villains... They are a staple of my game that my players utterly detest. >:) I once frustrated a group so bad in FFRPG that when they finally killed an annoying villain (of the same namesake as my forum name) they must've spent nearly five minutes describing what they did to his corpse. ^_^; Ahh, the good ol' days.

None of them still compare, and may never copare, to what I did in my first full D&D campaign. EPSC still remembers with horror and a strong desire to outdo me for how well I played them all.
  •  6/7/2007 11:34:27 PM 800759 in reply to 800731

VkmSpouge:
    Will they survive to fight another day? Will they meet Captain Pugwash?

DarthBear:

Everybody loves evil, blood craving penguins!

Exactly.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  6/8/2007 9:36:50 AM 800762 in reply to 800758

DarthBear:
    Well, Sir Taranis *did* escape, and they didn't manage to blow up Commander Quartermain's ship, though they did get a sizeable chunk of the fleet before their ships went down.

As long as lots of ships are sunk then it is a successful game Big Smile.

DarthBear:
    Recurring villains... They are a staple of my game that my players utterly detest. >:) I once frustrated a group so bad in FFRPG that when they finally killed an annoying villain (of the same namesake as my forum name) they must've spent nearly five minutes describing what they did to his corpse. ^_^; Ahh, the good ol' days.

What did they do to his corpse?

DarthBear:

None of them still compare, and may never copare, to what I did in my first full D&D campaign. EPSC still remembers with horror and a strong desire to outdo me for how well I played them all.

What did you in that campaign that horrified EPSC?

Page 1 of 3 (33 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML