Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Bastârd Elf

Last post 05-10-2008, 2:40 AM by Runekaster. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (32 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11/22/2006 8:47:14 AM 790844 in reply to 790838

Re: Bastârd Elf

think Blinky will've grown a beard over the years? (and don't give me that "beholders don't grow facial hair" sh!t. ofc they do! they just have very good barbers!)

BORK!
  •  11/25/2006 10:54:42 AM 791002 in reply to 790838

Twitch:
    Hmmm, a number of DCI characters... that does not imply only main characters. Cool, I hope to see more of Blinky and the Lich, they where awesome.

Maybe Blinky will have branched out from cheese based products into other dairy fields?

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  11/26/2006 8:10:44 PM 791053 in reply to 791002

No Blinky, unfortunately. Beholders are very D&D specific and with Bastard Elf I wanted to get away from established fantasy worlds and create something original. But a few other DCI supporting characters will show up in Bastard Elf (not too many though, since I want Bastard Elf to be it's own thing, able to stand alone. Friendly to the DCI neophyte, if you will).
    Dungeon Crawl Inc. - It's the most fun you can have without three midgets and a whip!
  •  11/27/2006 8:11:47 AM 791082 in reply to 791053

Kayless:
    No Blinky, unfortunately. Beholders are very D&D specific and with Bastard Elf I wanted to get away from established fantasy worlds and create something original. But a few other DCI supporting characters will show up in Bastard Elf (not too many though, since I want Bastard Elf to be it's own thing, able to stand alone. Friendly to the DCI neophyte, if you will).

a bold and brilliant move, but remember not to leave out the DCI'ers too much, since they got a lot of history together ^^
    though I belive you allready knew that

BORK!
  •  11/28/2006 9:34:10 AM 791181 in reply to 791082

I think the DCIers will be like an old rock band. They'll have eventually split up, gone their separate ways, done other projects with varying degrees of success. But occasionally a couple of them will meet up and reminisce about old times and past adventures.

Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  11/29/2006 1:10:43 PM 791320 in reply to 791181

... and get totally stoned!

...one way or the other Stick out tongue

BORK!
  •  11/29/2006 2:17:33 PM 791339 in reply to 791320

Well if they reminisce about this old time...

•  12/2/2006 1:26:12 PM 791613 in reply to 791339

I too am looking foward to the new comic.  I take it Kayless that you will be using the new comic to explore more of Arudin's past?  It felt like you had a interesting story there when it came to his mother, but to me his past seemed to grim for a tongue and cheek comic like DCI.  Freeing Arudin up from DCI will finally give you a chance to explore those elements that make Arudin the cold hearted prick we all know and love. 

I'm kinda bummed about the fortold endtimes for DCI, still a planned ending is better then no ending, and having the comic just fade off incomplete, like many web comics seem to do. 

My only wish is that Castor and Teagan get a happy ending, or at the very least Teagan.  To often Redeemable Dark Elf females seem to meet with an untimley end or at the very least their relationships end in tragedy such as Pirotess, Vierna, Viconia, Liriel, etc.  It be nice to see a happy ending for a change.

•  12/4/2006 7:38:41 PM 791971 in reply to 791613

Is it correct that new comic will be less comedic and more fighting? That would be... not good. At least for me. Though I found DCI only yesterday but have already liked it. Mostly because I haven't seen such funny and innocent stories for too long time. It's like I'm a child again))) So, if new comic will be alike this one it'd be very nice.

And I wish a good ending for Castor-Teagan and Beatrice-Mac too. As all such stories should have a happy end.

aka GeN1e
  •  12/4/2006 11:53:14 PM 791993 in reply to 791971

Ardanis:

Is it correct that new comic will be less comedic and more fighting? That would be... not good. At least for me. Though I found DCI only yesterday but have already liked it. Mostly because I haven't seen such funny and innocent stories for too long time. It's like I'm a child again))) So, if new comic will be alike this one it'd be very nice.

Yes but why would Kayless want to write another comic just like this one?  If he did that he might as well just keep writing this one and forget the other comic.  Either that or turn the seperate comic into what the japanese would refer to as a Gaiden that is a short subplot away from the main story.

Also if you look at Arudin's past, its neither funny nor innocent, it's dark and tragic.  In anycase I don't think Kayless is going to make the new comic serious all the time, I believe what he said was its a serious comic with some comedy added now and then in instead of a comedy with some serious stuff thrown in now and then as is the case in DCI. 

Think of it like this...

DCI is alot like a wacky Japanese animation...like "Those Who Hunt Elves", "Trigun", or "Samurai Champloo" where for the most part the writers goal is to make you laugh.  But every once and awhile they get serious, perhaps the writers want you to feel a certain amount of empathy for a paticular charecter, or make you think.

B@stard elf will probably be more like dramatic animation...like "Justice League", "Full Metal Alchemist", or "Avatar" where the show is more about drama, but has some comic relief now and then.   

Or then again thats not what Kayless plans at all and I'm just talking out of my rear.  Wink

•  12/5/2006 4:07:19 AM 792007 in reply to 791993

Don't worry, Bastard Elf won't be all doom and gloom. The tone I'm going for will be similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. There will be plenty of comedic moments throughout, though action/adventure is the first priority. But humor is a quintessential aspect of Bastard Elf.
    Dungeon Crawl Inc. - It's the most fun you can have without three midgets and a whip!
  •  12/9/2006 10:05:32 PM 792672 in reply to 792007

That's good, I love those movies (Jack Sparrow Rules!)!  Also, I was wondering that when you finished Bastard Elf, maybe you can creat another comic feature all of the decsendents of the main heros and their lovers (Castor/Teagan, Bea/Mac ect).  Also, do you think as a joke you can make a crossover comic panel featuring Jack Sparrow, Davey Jones and the rest of the POTC cast?

Happy Holidays!

•  12/14/2006 9:56:15 AM 793460 in reply to 792007

Kayless:
    Don't worry, Bastard Elf won't be all doom and gloom. The tone I'm going for will be similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. There will be plenty of comedic moments throughout, though action/adventure is the first priority. But humor is a quintessential aspect of Bastard Elf.

Yes, you could have Arudin and Castor meet up and Arudin could pull a rabbit out of his hat leaving Castor in fetal position on the floor. Plenty of action and fun there Big Smile

•  2/28/2007 5:38:26 PM 797073 in reply to 793460

Very late to the party but I've been having log in problems lately.

Woot, this sounds pure awesome. As is blatently obvious, Arudin is my favorite character, so I am very excited about this.

AS for the other DCIers, it would be impossible for them to show up since obviously Arudin would've used them for spell ingrediants long ago.

Why else would he keep those stupid mortals around him?

Not really, since your paladin oath would be kinda detrimental to our prosperity.
  •  3/1/2007 1:10:47 AM 797080 in reply to 797073

The other DCIers would probably still be alive (barring Kayless killing them before the end), but most of them wouldn't be up to adventuring with Arudin.  Their children on the other hand...
Page 2 of 3 (32 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML