Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

No Sign of Life [No sign-up required, come join]

Last post 06-23-2008, 10:37 PM by Koriryu. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (34 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  4/6/2008 8:21:43 PM 804520 in reply to 804516

Re: No Sign of Life [No sign-up required, come join]

JF looks at Qesun "I'm not too thirsty right now, thank you though."
    "Errrr...Lex? Why do people have such odd names around here?"
  •  4/8/2008 6:09:20 PM 804536 in reply to 804520

"Well yea I would not really say I am from around here.  My ex-home is very far from here.  I left my town because it was really boreing there.  I think adventures are much funner." Erlex says.  "But as I asked before are you two takeing part in this here hunt for the missing people and whom ever might be behind all these missing person events?"   Erlex pulled a gold coin and began to flip it in his hand subcontiously.  "Well I am just curious if you guys are because  sitting around here is a bit boreing, well I know it is a bit late to do anything, but we might think of something to do with three heads thinking about it." He finished saying as he pulled out two more coins and began to flip them with the other catching all in the respected hand.

A life, heh who needs one, I got it all here in RPing and video games.
  •  4/8/2008 8:01:52 PM 804538 in reply to 804536

"Yes I'm planning on going out and doing the adventure. But I definatly agree its kinda late.... I've been up all day thinking and now my head kinda hurts. But we should come up with a plan of action..............Action is good."
  •  4/9/2008 10:31:08 PM 804544 in reply to 804538

"Yes, action is good," Qesun said, letting his thoughts drag on a moment before continuing.  "I'm glad to see one more added to our number.  Guess we can deal with plans in the morning, but for now, I'm going to toss out an idea.  The search those woods they escaped through.  Probably one of the few places we can find any clues."

Serrif:
    Reality-(noun) illusion caused by lack of alcohol
    Beer(noun) medicine used to relive people from hallucinations

Technoguild
  •  4/9/2008 11:05:20 PM 804545 in reply to 804544

'I wonder if that silly man is still in the inn.'  Shelna thinks as she starts to take the path out of the town towards the area where the last kidnapping took place.  'It really is a fine night.  Just enough moon for me to perform to my capabilities.  Maybe if I am lucky, I can find some clues as to whats going on.'  After getting a little away from the town she turns around and takes a quick look at the seeming peaceful town; looking quite tranquil on this night.

'Well, time for what I came here for.  I really wonder when and if anyone else is going to join this search because if I think right and follow this feeling I have, something quite foul is going on here and I am going to need all the help I can get.'  She says this as she turns around again and sets for to the latest crime scene.
  •  4/10/2008 10:51:28 AM 804555 in reply to 804544

Erlex catched his coins and put them away. "Ok that could work since we do not have any other leads on what to do.  Ok so it is decided then?  Tomorow we will head out to search the woods for any clues to who or what is doing this. We can figure out the specifics tomorow morning.  I think I will be going to my room to sleep.  I don't like being sleepy when going out on an adventure.  So until tomorow." Erlex said as he waves and heads upstairs to his room.  When he got to his room he sets aside all his supplies for tomorow.  He then flops into bed, Hopefully tomorow will be an exciting day today was extremely dull.  He thought to himself as he began to go to sleep.

•  4/11/2008 2:04:37 AM 804564 in reply to 804555

Shelna (slightly ahead of everyone else in the timeline at the moment): Shelna walks about two miles to the farm the mayor had indicated, the windows were dark and the chimney produced no smoke, no doubt the farmer had gone to bed long before. The place was about 2 miles from the main village, and she made good time. A small path lead off the road she had followed to find the farmhouse, the road itself wound past the farm and turned to the north, paralleling the Gold Road and leading to several other farms Shelna was sure. She was interested, however, in what lay to the east and northeast of the road she currently walked. Beyond the bend in the road, stretching to the northeast as far as she could see (and further, she knew), she saw a small part of the vast Agian Plains, and to the east she saw the forest the mayor had spoken of. It was a fair sized wood, following the Agian Plains for many miles before dwindling, and how far it stretched east and south she did not know. Rising above the forest to the southeast she saw hills, then mountains. The night was wearing on, perhaps close to midnight she guessed by the position of the bright moon. She saw nothing out of the ordinary from her vantage point, she'd have to make a decision from here.

Qesun, Jolly Feather, Erlex: The three find their way to their respective rooms and bid eachother goodnight, waking in the morning before sunrise, refreshed and ready for the coming ordeal.

Ambrose: Either went to bed or stayed in his thoughts that night, either way he's in the inn the next morning with the rest of the group.

Curse you stumble button!
  •  4/11/2008 10:58:06 AM 804569 in reply to 804564

'So now is the choice to make.  I wouldn't think they trouble-makers would go out to the plain because it is just too open but the forest would be a great place to hide depending on how big it is,'  she says to herself as she looks around for any signs of anything.  Well it might be good for me now to meditate on this and see where this leads me.'  She sets up what seems to be a little tent but once you walk inside you would be fooled at the size of this, clearly enhanced by magic to look like a nice room from a well-kep inn.  Once that is set up, she casts some minor alarm, protection and hiding spells on the nearby area just incase she has some visitors while she is in mediation.  'That should be fine until morning.  I hope I can determine something now that I am out here.'  After everything is set up, she steps inside and starts her meditation.
  •  4/16/2008 11:02:52 AM 804666 in reply to 804564

One cup of coffee and a large breakfast later, and Qesun was ready to get started with his day.  He even had his stuff all packed and ready to go.  Now he just needed to wait for the others who were in various states of readiness of their own.  Wherever those states may lay, Qesun was perfectly content with his coffee and the morning sun.  He had, in fact, managed to find a table just outside, near the entrance to the inn so the other two could find him easy.

Serrif:

Technoguild
  •  4/18/2008 1:26:39 PM 804712 in reply to 804666

JF rolls out of bed, consequentally hitting the floor. As he grabs all his stuff, he double checks all of what he has. He then slinks down the stairs and out the door to see the sunlight. He sees Qesun sitting at the table and walks over to him, squinting. He then slumps down in a chair at the table. It is VERY apparent that he's not a morning person.
  •  4/18/2008 11:09:15 PM 804714 in reply to 804712

Qesun blinks as JF plops down in the chair, and this look comes to his face, mainly to his eyes, as if something in there is churning.  Soon after, a bit of a smile crawls onto his face.  "You see, that's what you get for forsaking coffee, Sunshine."

Serrif:

Technoguild
  •  4/20/2008 8:22:39 PM 804719 in reply to 804714

Although he hadn't slept the night before, Ambrose was up in time to watch the others to have their morning meal and begin their preparations.  He had a feeling that following them would yield the highest likelihood of finding whatever it was that was the cause of the disappearances.  Being a hunter, he was used to pursuing monsters for long periods of times, and was able to go days without sleep or rest, partially due to experience, but mostly to ability.  His body just didn't require as much as it used to in order to function, and with the amount of equipment he carried on his leather vest and beneath his black coat, he was fairly equipped for most problems or situations that would arise.  Not that he needed most of them, his "abilities" gave him enough of an edge in a fight.

Still, it wouldn't be good to follow adventurers, they could discover him and turn against him, thinking him an enemy.  So he approached Qesun slowly, his hands outside of his coat and open palmed, to show he wasn't armed - even if it wouldn't matter to not be carrying a weapon, frankly he didn't need one.  Slowly he approached, stopping only a few feet from Qesun's table, his face solemn with narrowed eyes.

"I can help with the disappearances, and you need me.  I know the things in the dark that prey on the the light. Intimately."

With that he sat down, waiting for a reply in either sense would be far more comfortable sitting, rather than standing...

((For reference))

A figure of average height with red tinged black spikey hair wearing a black studded leather vest, leather pants, and a long black overcoat walks over to the table.  His somewhat pale skin being a sharp contrast to his dark hair and clothing.  He carries himself like a warrior, gaze firm, steeled, his arms show signs of scarring around the wrists as his arms move.  On his belt are two athames, their sheaths showing signs of use and worn handles.  His palms are hard and calloused, telltale signs of a man who has experience with a hilt, either a sword, or, seeing the Athame at his belt probably the two long daggers.  His eyes are a sharp black, and seem to flash red around the iris occasionally, without any notice from him.

"... if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for Destruction Ice is also great
    And would suffice."
    - Robert Frost
  •  4/22/2008 4:51:34 PM 804765 in reply to 804719

Erlex got up out of bed grabed his bag and headed down the stairs to the bar tender he quickly got some minor things to eat.  He continued outside to where everyone else was and he sat down at the table with them.  He only had a medium sized pack and no weapons on his person that anyone could see.  "Good morning everyone.  Oh why hello I do not think I know you.  My name is Erlex." He says to the newest member and bows to him.  He finishes up his food quickly. "So everyone what are our plans.  I believe we should check out the forest that the mayor mentioned." 

•  4/27/2008 10:37:28 AM 804854 in reply to 804765

Qesun looks up and the new man to present himself, a little concerned, not sure if he could trust this one or not.  On one hand, he carried himself like a warrior, and even though Qesun didn't conciously note it, it still helped bring some ease to him, in an odd fashion.  Secondly, mercenaries and adventerurs followed the money trail when there was one.  In this case, the money trail was towards succeeding in this task.  It was just the appearance of the man that made Qesun uncomfortable.  He simply looked evil, whether that was the case or not.  In the end, he favored in being welcoming, as there was nothing to dictate his intentions other then his words, and those were in favor of helping.  He looks over at Athame with relaxed but standing ears, his 'smile' represented through body language since he couldn't really smile as the others could.  An all around welcoming appearance.  "More people means less trouble from bandits and a higher chance of getting through this mystery.  If you don't mind, may I ask your name, sir?"

Serrif:

Technoguild
  •  5/2/2008 4:36:19 PM 804896 in reply to 804854

Ambrose chuckled, a deep laugh with little jolliness in it.  A lot of his happiness died a cold night many years ago, and with it his jolly laugh.  Still, Qesun's gesture of welcome stirred the heartstrings, so he did his best to sound genuine.  With a smile, he opened his mouth and spoke, his hands maintaining a good distance from his weapons to signify no threat.  Again, it wouldn't matter to much in the scheme of things if a fight did break out, but Ambrose wasn't going to incur one.  There were better uses of his time than fight those not tainted by the darkness.

"Ambrose Culchein."

The name itself might mean something, Culchein.  The family itself died out years ago, and there were rumored to be no survivors.  It was a mage's name, and only those who don't fear the wrath of the darkness would speak it.  For the Culchein hunted demons and monsters, they were hunters, and ironically the aura of darkness which tainted Ambrose himself, the necromantic taint he would carry until final death, they were best suited to fight.  His gaze settled on the door before turning back to Qesun, if they were going to be traveling together it would be better to get a start.

"Bandits know better than to meddle with monsters.  Nonetheless I agree that you require my help."

Arrogant, haughty, yet somewhat anguished.  As though working with others reminded the man of something he lost.  Which it did.  His family worked toward the capture and killing of monsters, and he could smell something of the like in this matter.  Whether it was because of his family's training or his own abilities, he couldn't tell.

"... if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for Destruction Ice is also great
    And would suffice."
    - Robert Frost
Page 2 of 3 (34 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML