Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

TWC Ideas being accepted

Last post 10-23-2007, 10:28 AM by Joe Chiappetta. 32 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (33 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  2/17/2006 11:14:22 PM 768082 in reply to 768050

Re: TWC Ideas being accepted

I'd like to see the all star list on the front page too... perhaps on the side with mini (88X31) banners? If it's on a separate page, it won't be seen much.

-Joe

•  7/15/2007 12:18:25 AM 801361 in reply to 768082

If you are still interested in ideas to promote lesser-known comics there's one big idea that hasn't been discussed: More categories.

People are most likely to be enticed into reading something not too far from what they are currently reading, so give them more options to find that. Anthropomorphic/furry comics is a common preference, or for some, something that ought to be filtered out of their searches. And what about 3D/CG comics? Some people really dig Flash/Poser/Other Tech stuff, and others disdain it. Make both options searchable.

Some people like comics that update daily, others want to savor a long-running weekly. Why not have (intended) update schedules as a searchable item? Some people also like comics with deep archives, so let that be added as search criteria.

And as tastes vary, so do standards. Some people do not want to be surprised by violent or racy content. Some people *only* like comics with gore or graphic sexuality. Some people like a middle ground. Give all the creators on your list a chance to voluntarily self-rate, and then make that searchable too.

In the end, a person should be able to search for a daily furry sci-fi Flash comic, rated Teen+, that's been around for a couple years or more. And maybe, just maybe, that will be their way of finding that hidden gem that has been languishing unnoticed down in the low 400's.

Seriously, *anything* has to be better than getting shunted back to the Top 100 page at the drop of a hat.

•  10/23/2007 10:28:25 AM 803344 in reply to 765396

I like this idea but I would not set a limit on a top number. I would like a random rotating banner of whatever comic in the list, maybe updating every 30 seconds, pulling from the entire list.

Joe Chiappetta
    Read Silly Daddy comics at http://www.SillyDaddy.net
Page 3 of 3 (33 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML