Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Art Arena Rules (must read)

Last post 03-09-2004, 4:52 PM by Akira. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  3/9/2004 4:52:00 PM 501404

Art Arena Rules (must read)

Please read these before you post (all things before this are excused)

GENERAL RULES (of the art arena)

1. Please try and keep posting on topic, although a bit of good spammy is okay...just don't make 3 pages like the trash-bin.
    2. Keep critiquing constructive, all 1-3 word posts of "You suck" and "Whoa" will be...baleeted. (just comment on anything that stands out, that makes it good or bad)
    3. NO THREAD NECROMANCY (unless done by the original thread creator, but not after 2 weeks)!

ART RULES

Doodles, sketches, fine works, animation, anything you can think that's visual.

1. Please keep Image Size small enough to where it will not stretch out the boards (less than 500 in width is prefered)
    2. Please keep File Size to about 150kb and lower, be considerate of the narrowband users (instance...me ><!) If the file cannot be reduced to an exceptable limit, then create an off-site link and detail the file size.
    3. Nudity is only allowed if tasteful, and it may not be displayed upon the board page. (as in you must link it from somewhere else and you must warn the viewer that this has nudity). Tasteful nudity is not sexual in anyway, more as it is graceful and shows the beauty of the body.
    4. All art theives will be treated serverely (banning date increases upon repeating offenses)
    5. Sprite (or modified sprites) and Stick Figure art is allowed. Please give credit to the company of which the sprites we're created though...(because, really, that's somewhat art theft). Any pointless flaming will be dealt with accordingly.
    6. If you don't have a host that can use off-site images. Use http://www.imageshack.us/ or http://www.photobucket.com/. I'm really tired of red X's (Iexplorer) and broken pictures (netscape)

LITERATURE RULES

Things such as scripts, stories (novel or short), poems, ideas and concepts (philiosophy though is better shared in the debates section...it's fun to talk about that stuff).

1. Sorry but no hate literature. Nothing that directly offends one race. It's okay if it's a story that talks about it, but not like a poem that is all about stating black people are the devil.
    2. Please use your own stuff...(just like art)
    3. Do not post a 100 page novel on the boards...I will kill your thread right then and there...Put it in a Rich Text File or NotePad Document (so they can't carry macros and such, you gotta be careful). Or a notepad file. I WILL delete all .doc files or any other kind outside of those 2 file types.

More rules shall be added as the problems arise...(I'm not perfect)

THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR COMIC STRIP CRITIQUE!!! POST THAT IN THE CARTOONISTS LOUNGE!!

...wee?
View as RSS news feed in XML