Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Dungeon Burn-out

Last post 09-19-2005, 5:54 PM by VkmSpouge. 131 replies.
Page 8 of 9 (132 items)   « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10/2/2004 2:22:18 PM 695894 in reply to 501569

Dungeon Burn-out

A game room with six game pieces like a minature version of chess or something. The PC's have to play the game to unvale the rune.
    H-here, b-bunny, bunny, bunny...

•  10/2/2004 9:50:16 PM 698420 in reply to 501569

RE: Dungeon Burn-out

Magically animated Shuffle cups, the players have to make spot checks to follow the one that the rune is under.
  •  10/10/2004 11:02:42 PM 701213 in reply to 501569

I got a question.. can a Nyphm become a vampire or a Banshee?

Also, any suggestions for bad-ass goblin assassin templates?
    EPSC: She's crazy, lazy and oh-so-lovable!

"The deific powers I emit will surely burn your retinas!!!"

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  10/11/2004 2:47:14 AM 700484 in reply to 501569

I don't think that a Nymph can be a Vampire or Banshee. Then she won't be a Nymph anymore.

•  10/11/2004 8:29:20 AM 700645 in reply to 501569

Assassin templates?  What are those?
    If at first you dont succeed, dont try skydiving
    Both diapers and politicians need to be changed--and usually for the same reasons
  •  10/11/2004 12:04:08 PM 701214 in reply to 501569

@Jwm- Well I suppose you're right on the banshee thing... but I got an idea to make one of the PC's adoptive moms undead and I thought a vamp or a banshee would be a good thing to turn her into...

@Tyb-I meant build... Like how would you make a badass goblin assassin? What sort of feats and items/spells would you give it?

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  10/11/2004 1:47:16 PM 700495 in reply to 501569

making mom an undead.....

You are Evil.

Sounds fine I was thinking you wanted a Nymph/Vampire with abilities from both.

•  10/11/2004 2:30:45 PM 700652 in reply to 501569

Hrm...a goblin assassin template.  Well I have a hard time envisioning a goblin assassin to begin with, as finesse isnt really a goblin's technique.  Usually a goblin assassin would be something that just runs up to you with a really huge friggin bomb and then charges it.

But I guess the goblin would have to have all black attire...the usual assassin steriotype class gear.  Hed also have a long assortment of blades to use at his disposal.  Probably the sheaths would be lined across its legs for quick access.  Probably 2 blades for the quick strike, and 2 bigger blades for the quick death and backstab.  One of the blades has GOT to have poison damage, and one should have the magical ability for excessive bleeding.  The goblin should also have some sort of quick draw crossbow, it should be quick access from either his back or his wrists.  If its a wrist crossbow, the bolts would have to be small, and thus dont do a lot of damage.  Anything that does shock damage is a bonus. For some reason Im also picturing some kickass spikey armor, especially in the shoulder region.  Its also got to have a badass scar across one of the eyes.  Though thats optional I suppose

Spells?  I really didnt know assassins had spells...let alone a goblin assassin.

Both diapers and politicians need to be changed--and usually for the same reasons
  •  10/19/2004 11:23:07 PM 701836 in reply to 501569

*sigh* well the players fought, i screamed and now i'm 2 pcs short... i knew this was coming.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  10/20/2004 10:21:42 AM 702268 in reply to 501569

•  10/20/2004 10:43:58 AM 702147 in reply to 501569

Indeed... twas not a pretty sight. I don't think I had ever actually screamed like I did or cried as much as I did ever before, but I had finally had it with their non-stop arguments. I saw their points but I made my call: Attacking the good (albiet undead) dragon is an evil act and is punishable by droping one alignment catagory.

However, all is okay as I apologised to the players (my fiance and his friend) for losing my temper like I did. Looking back I should have handle it a little more maturely, but what's done is done and maybe I can end my game on a happy note.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  10/20/2004 11:32:10 AM 702272 in reply to 501569

True.  You shouldnt just cut your losses, take what you can get out of it.

But dont feel bad about the way you acted.  I figure the frustration level must have boiled over and reason and hindsight is a lot more distant than it would usually be. 

Sorry about the tough stretch of road.  But I can point to my title and what Dak'kon said "Endure.  In enduring, grow strong"

•  10/20/2004 2:07:09 PM 701958 in reply to 501569

I have been in a few gamming sessions that have ended on a sour note. Usually there is just someone who does not get along with some one else on a personality level. However when the PC's start doing things in the game just to piss off the DM or the other PC's it gets ugly.

Well as Tybs kinda said live, learn and play again.

•  9/11/2005 11:45:22 AM 755703 in reply to 501569

Re: Dungeon Burn-out

Tricky business plots. If you need them to reach 30 + levels quickly would be the weapons of the gods plot line I did once. A item crafted specifically for each character. These items give them temporary Levels. But they also function at the whim of the god that sent them to the group. (Incase you have players that try to abuse a quest and such the temporary levels vanish) after words if they still survive the quest they get the great Experience
    Veldrin: Don't worry of course it's a love potion
    Girl & Guy: [both drink and with colorful smoke stand two catgirls instead of humans] Huh?
    Veldrin: Darn..screwed up again.
    Http://crazycowproductions.deviantart.com
  •  9/14/2005 5:09:21 PM 756030 in reply to 755703

Re: Dungeon Burn-out

That sounds an interesting idea. But if you wanted them to reach high levels quickly couldn't you have simply started the characters at high levels?
    Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

Page 8 of 9 (132 items)   « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML