Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Writer looking for long term serious partnership w/ artist for web comic

Last post 03-05-2008, 10:21 PM by Remm_K. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  3/5/2008 10:21:47 PM 804257

Writer looking for long term serious partnership w/ artist for web comic

First off, this is c/p'd from a site that I posted on about... 8 minutes ago. Second, a site where I don't have to go through my email and verify! There is a god! Third, I am writing this all at around 1AM so if something comes off as very.. very strange, I blame it on sleep deprivation. I may sound weird in what I say below, but It is my pasion in what I am talking about and when only glancing at the subject, I am wanting to say so much more than I should, and probably something in there looks awfully wrong. Too early in the morning (or late.. whatever..) to worry about it though, I've read it over a few times and it looks good from my sleep deprived prespective.. So have at it. Oh, and thanks for your time, whoever is reading.

Ok. Looking down the board I see the writer to artist ratio is quite frightening. So, without the offer of being paid for this, all I can do is make you, (hopefully a reading artist) want to join me in this.

What I propose is a long term webcomic partnership between me (writer) and whoever wishes to become a part of this (the artist). The web comic will be based around a pre-determined plot line that I have been brooding over for a very long time. I have written multitudes of pages towards false starts to novels in attempts to express my thoughts, but I
    feel they do not do them justice (though some would disagree).

I have a :VAST: amount of knowlege and lore behind the setting of this webcomic, and the endevour would truely be a long one, so if you're in for the long haul, this is for you. It is based in a medevil-fantasy setting, based around a time where magic is coming to an end and the age of man is just beginning. I am for this to be a Teen - Mature comic. It will have no swearing, but may contain different degrees of violence. It will not be a random comic filled with fight after fight and a plot driving on more fighting, but an acual story based around people and events of the world of Arydine. It will have romatic (no nudity(though partial in one piticular case) / s.ex scenes) elements along with an extremely deep character plot, action, and basically life.

I will do storyboards for the comics so it will not be like some mad preacher trying to tell you what to draw. I have a clear mindset on what I want this to become, and I am open to changes - this will be a partnership after all.

I know.. I am not telling much of what it is that I feel such resolute need to share it with others as to attempt a web comic, but I am very protective of it. I will answer any and all questions at the email:
    OOO_Shiney@Hotmail.com
    I am searching for a standard of quality that matches the quality of the work I am intrested in putting into this. I search for an artist who can handle drawing mature characters, backgrounds, and themes. You can send me any works that you have completed to my email so I can decide if I believe they are right for what I wish to begin.

I cannot explain the depth of this comic here, there just isn't enough room, and time (it is around 1AM for me at the moment) but am willing to speak in great length (hours upon hours.. I've done it before) about the plot and characters on ventrilo (online voice chat) or MSN.
    I have over 200 (not double spaced..) worth of information on this and much.. much.. more in my head. I have already done my part, and am willing to do more. Looking desperately for an artist who is willing to step in and do the visual role in making something Epic.
    I cannot offer any money, but know that this will be a full partnership. If any profits come of this, the artist that takes up my offer is entitled to half. Thats the best that I can do, and hope that you are more up for the experience that I offer as being a part of this project than the money that it could bring.

A last note, this is not some fanboy-esque attempt at creating something that follows the ideals of someone else's works. It is something in its own right and is not infulenced by other works. Anime-esque drawing styles are extremely discouraged, unless you have something profoundly awesome you can show me that would make me change my mind.

Please, if you have the talent and wish to put it to use, contact me.
    --Justen 'Remm' Hochheimer -- OOO_Shiney@Hotmail.com

View as RSS news feed in XML