Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Silent Hill...the movie?!?!?!?!

Last post 10-21-2004, 10:51 AM by acanous@hotmail.com. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  9/26/2004 12:16:23 PM 500764

Yup, I heard on another forum that the very scary game of Silent Hill is going to be made into a movie.  I don't know which game will be the movie, but I have heard that it might be coming out.  This thread is to discuss the Silent hill games and what effect they might have on the movie. Have fun in your discussions!

Personally I call it a 50/50 chance of being a bad/good movie.  Some games that were made into movies utterally sucked and others were okay.  The only game-to-movie film I saw was Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, about the only thing wrong with it was the fact that IT HAD ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH FINAL FANTASY!  Otherwise it was pretty good, although I still felt cheated that they didn't do a movie about one of their better games (FF3, or FF7 would have been good), and thats what you NEVER want your audience to feel.

•  9/28/2004 5:13:50 AM 694950 in reply to 500764

Well, they are doing a Final Fantasy VII movie, but that's beside the point.

The biggest problem with making Silent Hill into a movie, would be the tremendously creepy atmosphere in the games. It's hard to capture that in a game, but even harder to capture in a movie, because you're not actively controlling the character. And in effect, that makes it less liable for the viewer to identify him/herself with the character.

If they do succeed though, it's bound to be amazing. So yeah, I agree, 50/50 chance for goodness.

Edit:

I found this: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/movies/silenthillmoviemakessense.shtml

<insert signature here>
  •  10/3/2004 5:45:56 PM 697748 in reply to 500764

hmmm...The scariest parts of the atmosphere of the games where: the music, the radio going off when monsters where near( Silent Hill 1-3 I believe), the fact that there is gore almost everywhere, the fog that seems to cover the town, the moster designs, and playing it in a dark room. All of which can be reproduced in a movie, the problem is reproducing those points without making the rest of the movie look like crap.
  •  10/6/2004 9:36:25 PM 698201 in reply to 500764

I always found it scary to know that there are monsters everywhere, but you can't see them.
    Personally, I always had the radio turned off, because it ruined the surprise. And made it a hell of a lot scarier to walk around the corner.

Oh, and they'll definitely need to include the hospital... that place was scaaary....
    <insert signature here>
  •  10/21/2004 10:51:57 AM 702227 in reply to 500764

RE: Silent Hill...the movie?!?!?!?!

hope it turns out as good as RE2 ^_^

MUAHAHAHAH

View as RSS news feed in XML