Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

What FAQ?

Last post 02-27-2004, 5:43 PM by xv_adark43_vx@yahoo.com. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  2/21/2004 6:50:00 PM 501804

What FAQ?

Since I couldn't find a FAQ on TWC or WCN, I'm gonna post a question here.

What exactly is the 'out' count on the TWC list? Is it the number of people who have clicked the "if you have decided not to vote" link or is it the number of people who have followed the link from the list to the actual comic page?

And if so, does it go up by unique IP per day? Or unique IP ever? Or what?
  •  2/22/2004 3:32:00 AM 529779 in reply to 501804

RE: What FAQ?

Good question...   Out is the number of people who have left topwebcomics to visit the listed site.  So for example, 2888 people have visited Bigger Than cheeses by directly clicking on the bigger than cheeses banner. 

It isn't really a rank, though it shows how many other people were interested enough to visit the comic from the list.  It doesn't reset, and isn't tracked by IP.  It could be changed at any time, if someone thought it should be, but currently it is just sorta...there...

Richard M.
    Grimfang
    "Whisper"
    Xaeraes
  •  2/22/2004 4:26:00 AM 528179 in reply to 501804

last night i had a strange number of out votes, especially considering the nature of the comic =^u.u^=(sorry if it seems irrelevant, but it had to do with out votes, and was kinda funny)
  •  2/27/2004 5:43:00 PM 533216 in reply to 501804

I was wondering about the In/Out thing, too. I never figured out which one was which.

Thanks.

View as RSS news feed in XML