Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

One character asexual?

Last post 04-03-2005, 11:47 AM by DarkLordFluffy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  3/12/2005 10:49:57 PM 737097

One character asexual?

Dan has said that one character in the comic is completely asexual, and the way he said it implied that said character isn't in the closet.  And, similar to Piro's now-infamous "one gay character" declaration, this will cause speculation until it finally comes up in conversation, maybe years from now.  First, who can be ruled out?  The big eight, first off, because they've all shown an attraction to someone.

Elliot -> Nanase, Sarah
    Tedd -> Every female but Nanase
    Sarah -> Elliot, Johnny Depp
    Grace -> Tedd (D-U-H)
    Nanase -> Ellen
    Justin -> Elliot, Legolas
    Susan -> Justin
    Ellen -> Tedd, Nanase, Jason D. Poit

So that's easy enough.  And the married characters can, of course, be ruled out.  The theater clerk almost goes without saying.  Duck and Bill, unless castrated, are still ambisexual.  The same goes even more so for Kaoli, at least until we see her as an adult.  Mel is out for obvious reasons.  Dr. Germahn has made some perverted comments in the past (no, the censored strip doesn't count).  Greg's "interesting" location pretty much rules him out.  Even if Vlad used to be asexual, she's now bi.  Dan has explicitly said that Nioi is bi.  Lisa seems to have a crush on Amanda.  For any Tedd to be asexual is something I just can't see, and I get the impression that he's slept with Nioi.  Tony, as we've seen, has a crush on Tedd.  William and Gillian, as I recall, have an egg - and is sexual preference even a concept among Uryuomc?  That leaves Noah, Hedge, Guineas, Damien, General Shade Tail, and Liz.  In order of their likelyhood:

1. Liz - she just seems the type.
    2. Noah - gives off the "disinterested observer" vibe.
    3. General Shade Tail - tell me he doesn't make you think "eunuch guard."
    4. Hedge - very..."focused."
    5. Amanda - why not, but why so?
    6. Guineas - frankly, who cares?
    7. Damien - just a cop-out.

(Of course, after all this, it'll turn out to be the screaming cheerleader...)
  •  4/3/2005 11:45:43 AM 739414 in reply to 737097

Re: One character asexual?

Woah, 0.o thats alotta homework you've done there.

There's still a possibility that its Susan however. Out of the main characters, she seems most likely. Her interest in Justin may just have been an attempt to find someone attractive, much like Nanase going out with Elliot. Considering they were into a common topic (Star Trek), Justin may have seemed like a suitable partner. However when she found out Justin was gay, this went down the toilet as he would never be interested in her.
    This seems to be enforced by Susan's reaction to Justin being gay - "figures...." This could mean that the one person  she thought might be a good partner would not be interested.
    Another thing is her desire to become a ***, seeing that she was not attracted to any man, Susan may have thought that Ellen making her a *** would finally get her somewhere.
    Lets face it, she hates men, and she's definetly not a ***. Could there be a better candidate?

Nah, you cant beat old people... Shame that...
  •  4/3/2005 11:47:58 AM 739415 in reply to 739414

Re: One character asexual?

The word *** is censored? Maybe I should have put -'Girl who likes Girls'...

Nah, you cant beat old people... Shame that...
View as RSS news feed in XML