Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Elfen Lied: Was Lucy in the right?

Last post 07-05-2008, 5:35 AM by Fluffy-Phil. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  4/3/2006 3:59:57 PM 772987

Elfen Lied: Was Lucy in the right?

Hello.

I was thinking about this one while at work (when there is lots of thinking time since I can put my body on auto-pilot) and it made me wonder if Lucy had such a right to potentially slaughter people by the dozen.

I would have to say yes.  Lucy was not just recjected by society as a whole, but was considered to be something which had to be eliminated.  They held her in contempt and many just wanted her to go away or die.  She was tormented, forced to watched something she cared about die, whilst the killers laughed at her.  She was manipulated by others, forced into deals which she thought would benefit others, while those who offered would never fulfill their end... and the voices in her head were echoes of the hatred aimed at what she was more than who she was.

(Kinda reminds me of my life, without the insane vectors part.)

If I were in Lucy's position, I would likely have snapped and went on a spree to "neutralize" those who would try to harm me physically or emotionally.... Humanity would have that one coming.

(Also a note to Invert and Streak... Please don't spam this one.  I am very curious about the opinions of other KNC members who have seen this well-created series.)

Kuro-chan
    http://kuro-rpg.net - Your source for rank templates, and other media.
  •  4/4/2006 11:42:01 AM 773095 in reply to 772987

Re: Elfen Lied: Was Lucy in the right?

What if I have an opinion? And I do. I haven't seen the anime but I think I can say what she did was okay, all those people just used or hurt her time and time again, making her do or see things she didn't want to, right? I think at that point she, or anybody, is perfectly justified to do whatever it takes to deal with the problem which, in Lucy's case I guess, murdurous rampage.
    known to be: a member of the fokn, a b-unit minister, a game reveiwer.

it's like a sonic....rpg....forum....thing

Ligand Baby wrote:
    She only wants my meat, is that so wrong?

ezekel said:
    Of course not, with such fine meat that you have.

Few can beat that meat.

•  5/23/2006 3:41:26 AM 778920 in reply to 773095

You are forgetting the fact that she killed a lot of innocent people too, she killed familys to hide in their houses before she was captured. She also enjoys killing people (the Lucy half of her). You make it sound like mass-murder as a self defence mechanism, which is never right.

Great anime nonetheless.

"Try and lay an egg."

•  5/27/2006 4:51:23 PM 779406 in reply to 778920

She learned to hate humanity to the point where it did not matter if you were a propegator, innocent or otherwise.  If you were an obstacle, you had to be removed.  It was simple as that.  Being a living, breathing human being was completely irrelevant.

You do have a valid point though.  Not everyone was out to hurt her, nonetheless, she became angry at humanity, and combined with her killing instinct, she set out to make an example of the world.

Kuro-chan
    http://kuro-rpg.net - Your source for rank templates, and other media.
  •  7/8/2006 7:38:13 AM 782454 in reply to 779406

well then those people got what they deserved
    do not worry about getting into that tanning bed melonoma is just a scientific word for sexified
  •  7/5/2008 5:35:32 AM 805841 in reply to 782454

I say she wasn't right. No one has the right to take anyone else's life unless it's given into their hands willingly and knowingly. But the real question is was it acceptable, in the way "them or me" is taken to be. As Spree pointed out, innocents were caught up in her slaughters, and even more she enjoyed it. The fact that other people cornered her psyche to reach those extremes doesn't change the fact that the actions then enacted were wrong, plain and simple.

What's the point of a hero with no one to save?

Le sigh
View as RSS news feed in XML