Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

The Battle Tower 2.0

Last post 04-28-2008, 3:31 PM by Beserk Eva. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  4/10/2008 1:02:36 PM 804556

The Battle Tower 2.0

The tall, fat mage stood in front of the huge tower that defied the height of anything around for miles as he began his speech to begin this epic event.  “Welcome again warriors, scoundrels, money grubbers, glory seekers, and anyone else who has decided to join us for The Battle Tower.  The tower was in terrible shape after the last time we let everyone join in the fight.  We are sorry it took so long to bring it back to all of you, hoping for your second shot at the chance of gaining fabulous riches and glory beyond compare.  Do not worry about the size of the floors it is all part of the magic of the tower.  Shortly you will all be able to enter the tower and begin the excitement.  Before we let you do that we must say a few rules of conduct.  We hope you all will enjoy yourselves after you enter the tower, but killing each other off would be a bit unfortunate. We encourage you not to do that, because you will need all the help you can get to overcome many of the trials before you.  You also enter at your own risk.  We do not take responsibility for lose of life or anything else within.  Whatever you gain inside is yours to keep. Everything will be much like the last time we held this event.  You will fight your way from floor to floor.  Each floor will be different than the last in many aspects.  And now we finally will allow you to enter.  All who are participating step forward into the circle so we may send you all inside.”  He finishes his speech and moves to the outer ring of the teleporting circle with a company of other mages that are preparing to teleport all participants inside.

A life, heh who needs one, I got it all here in RPing and video games.
  •  4/10/2008 3:14:48 PM 804558 in reply to 804556

Re: The Battle Tower 2.0

In pops a theif from out of nowhere and declares, "heh i wonder whats inside for me to take.... DONT HURT ME!" and jumps back after finally seeing the mage.

Back to raise some hell on this forum.... or am I?!?!
  •  4/10/2008 8:34:55 PM 804560 in reply to 804558

A hooded man walks from that back of the crowd surrounding the tower.  As he steps into the circle the mage declared the spot for any adventurer wanting to join this fight, takes of his hood to reveal a rugid looking ranger that seems like he has not been to a town for some time.  "This seems like it might be fun,"  he says as he thinks, 'Maybe if I succed I could get me some ladies.'   He takes his spot in the circle and waits for any other adventurers to step in to start this glory seeking fight.
  •  4/11/2008 1:46:10 AM 804562 in reply to 804560

Favarin stepped into the circle indicated by the mage who had just been talking. One hand was in the front pocket of his gray, many-pocketed pants, the other rested on the butt of one of two, beautiful two foot long revolvers. A backpack hung about his shoulders, sagging under the weight of its hidden contents, and several of his pockets showed signs of being full as well. On his back was slung a jeweled, 6 foot long , great axe, the top of the haft featured a large, deep blue sapphire, the butt held a blood red ruby, and spiraling around the haft were several smaller gemstones of different varieties, including a brilliant green emerald set in the middle of the haft, on the outside of the weapon, just where the head ended. He grins at the comments of the two others in the circle with him thus-far, but keeps his mind on the task at hand. Several years prior he had been part of the party who had entered the tower and remembered only too well the dangers that lay in it then, he couldn't imagine what the wizards had thought up to make this tower even more dangerous. He did know it would be a challenge of his skills and knowledge, which was the entire reason he had answered the call.

Curse you stumble button!
  •  4/13/2008 4:39:59 AM 804616 in reply to 804562

still standing just outside the circle the thief draws out his ordinary-looking dagger, and with a swipe of his hand across it a blue energy starts to form around it. and then with another swipe of his hand it reverts to a normal dagger and he sheaths it. "hm it seems to be in working order, i just hope all goes well once we get moving" he thinks aloud and then moves closer to the circle staying away from the group.

Back to raise some hell on this forum.... or am I?!?!
  •  4/16/2008 11:41:09 AM 804668 in reply to 804556

Qesun was in full battle dress for this event.  No coat, no casual clothes.  A real BDU, with pixelized tan camo markings.  His guns were all strapped to him, each in it's own holster somewhere except for his machine gun, which was simply hanging from its shoulder strap.  His guardian supplies and his heal potions all shifted into one of the many pockets in the BDU.  He grinned as if he was a redneck who just got his Nascar tickets for the big event.  Of course, with his muzzle, he couldn't really grin in the way humans did.  It was a lot more... Toothy.  More feral looking.  The only way to tell it was a grin was to look at his tail wagging and look at his eyes to tell they truely weren't mad.  It wasn't often he could just have a big throwdown for no reason but to have a big throw down.  He was going to enjoy this as much as possible.

Serrif:
    Reality-(noun) illusion caused by lack of alcohol
    Beer(noun) medicine used to relive people from hallucinations

Technoguild
  •  4/16/2008 8:30:56 PM 804669 in reply to 804668

Favarin glances up at the mages, wondering what the hold-up was. He shakes his head a bit at the man with the knife, who Favarin finds to be pretty silly thusfar. Crossing his arms he turns in the circle while he waits, taking in the scenery around the tower. The surroundings weren't all that bad, he thought, though the tower looked out of place. As he turned he saw a figure walking toward him, blending into the background a bit because of the clothing he was wearing. Favarin continued to turn before double-taking to the figure walking toward the group. Favarin laughs openly and waves waves at Qesun, walking toward the foxcoon as he does.

"Qesun my friend, it has been years!" Favarin slows, turns, and claps Qesun on the back in a friendly greeting as he falls in step beside the foxcoon. "When I heard the tower had been reopened I wondered if you would show up, I was starting to think you weren't going to. I see you're as armed to the teeth as ever; if the previous tower was any indication, we'll need the help too." He grins, "There was another reason I had hoped you would show up; I have need of some advice from you about a few of my new toys." He pats one of his oversized pistols, "But that can be later, when we both have a moment to spare, now you must tell me what you have been doing since we travelled together last, while we wait for these mages to get their acts together."

•  4/22/2008 5:23:03 PM 804766 in reply to 804669

The mages began to prepare their spells as the rest of the people gathered into the circle.  ((Anyone who adds in later will have been in the circle.))  The area around the edges of the circle began to form up a magic wall to stop anyone from entering or leaveing the circle.  The area begins to glow brighter and bright as the spell begins to come to fruition.  The light begins to get very bright and continues to grow in brightness till everyone had to sheild their eyes.  The light then vanished and everyone when they could see again they saw they landed themselves in the ruins of an old town.  They appeared to be in a central plaza with a stature that was falling apart. There was five different roads leading to the plaza.  The town was surounded by a huge wall with no doors in it.  Many of the buildings were only partly built or falling apart, but there was one in this courtyard that was still together.  There was another bigger building that looked like a palace further down the road that was still in perfect condition. It had a 7 foot fence all the way around it.  There was no other people in sight other than those around you.

A life, heh who needs one, I got it all here in RPing and video games.
  •  4/27/2008 10:29:12 AM 804853 in reply to 804766

Qesun glances about at the near desolation of abandonment.  Near as fine as that can be caused by any war.  But there were clear clues to the fact that it was 'abandonment.'  It was all falling apart.  Nothing was destroyed in the sense of blasts or large falling rocks.  None of the signs of war.  But then the next question came...  Why would one abandon a city which, from the looks of it, was growing.  That reason still worried him.  He 'hrm'ed as he looked around, his eyes eventually stopping on the one stable building here in the court yard as he took his rifle into his hands and released the safety.  "Well, seems like a cheery place," He stated to gather everyone's attention.  "Shall we check out this building over here first?"

Serrif:
    Reality-(noun) illusion caused by lack of alcohol
    Beer(noun) medicine used to relive people from hallucinations

Technoguild
  •  4/27/2008 1:50:11 PM 804856 in reply to 804853

Favarin shrugged the great axe slung on his shoulder into his hands and held the head close to his mouth, whispering something, inaudible to the others, to it behind a cupped hand. As soon as the word left his lips the sapphire at the top of the axe burst into life, shining brilliantly with an inner light. Over the next two minutes, the rest of the gems begin to glow in sequence, down the haft. Upon the lights reaching the center emerald, the entire axe gains its own luminance, though in the sunlight of the village it is difficult to notice; and when the blood red ruby at the bottom of the haft flames to life, Favarin's own body releases an inner glow. The enchantments on the axe will protect him from physical attacks in the form of a dampening field, slowing any incoming projectiles or blows by 50%, and from magical or elemental forces in the form of a minor cancellation field, reducing the effectiveness of the spell or element.

With the incantation whispered Favarin replaces his axe to his back. The minotaur reaches down and draws out both of his oversized pistols, cocking each hammer as they left their holsters. He lets one barrel rest easily on his left shoulder, the other he carries at this side swinging to and fro as he walks. He thought to himself he must look very comical to any who weren't opposing him, though he also thought Qesun looked rather comical, just as always, with his fox-like appearance, carrying his rifle. Favarin walked to the right and slightly behind the foxcoon toward the same building, scanning left and right, getting more and more uneasy with every step.

•  4/28/2008 3:31:11 PM 804871 in reply to 804856

The ranger looks around the area from where he is standing.  "This reminds me of a quite interesting island I was once on in my past travels."  After he speaks he speaks a minor incantation to detect if there are any minor traps or holes that might cause a problem to his companions, knowing all well what gear he has.  "So then my friends, shall we start looking around?  My feet are getting a tad restless."
View as RSS news feed in XML