Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

TWC GAME!!!

Last post 04-23-2008, 1:08 AM by Ultra. 247 replies.
Page 17 of 17 (248 items)   « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10/29/2004 6:32:19 PM 705509 in reply to 499144

RE: TWC GAME!!!

I wanted a bunch of effects with the images and stuff to. Otherwise I would do that stuff, Mini.

I've seen this other RPG Maker game that had their credits all high tech, with really big lettering for the text and swishing and zooming and flipping and other cool stuff.

And I wanted the credits to be all cool like that.
  •  10/29/2004 8:43:50 PM 704617 in reply to 499144

(I'm afraid I may have accidentally hit the submit  button a few times while writing this)

Hummm... just make the images into bmp or png pics and use the "picture movement" option... for example, let's say you want the words: "Produced by Ultra" to appear. Just make the file (Idraw is great for that) and:

1) Use the show picture option. Set the X and Y coordinates you want the picture to appear on, the size (zoom%), color variation, etc. Call it picture 1.

2) Use the "Picture movement" option. Choose different X, Y coordinates. These will be the new position for the picture. The picture, however will not just teleport to the new position. Instead, it will move slowly (or quickly) to this new position according to the time you choose on the "Picture movement" window. If you set the time for 2 seconds, by the end of the 2nd second the picture will be in the new position. Same thing goes for zoom and color changes. Also, since it's RPG Maker 2003, you can also make the picture rotate. It's pretty funny actually.

Of course, you have to use the proper "Wait" time and if you want to sync it with the BGM, then you just have to make sure the player will do no interference on the event. That's easy to be done if there are no Text boxes, however, if there are gonna be dialogues, just use the following commands:

\. => This one gives a small (very brief) pause on the text, while it's appearing on the screen. Good to be used to show a character is thinking while talking or something like that.

\| => This one gives a longer pause. Equivalent to 3 or 4 of the previous.

\^ => This one is the command! This one used at the end of the text will automatically close the text box without the player needing to press the spacebar. This is the one that allows you to sync dialogues with the BGM. Make sure you use a \| before this one so that the player can have time to read the box before it closes.

Hope this helps.

"Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"
    I will f*** you in the ass and mouth
    Catullus, XVI

Things do sound more profound in Latin...
  •  10/29/2004 9:17:41 PM 705511 in reply to 499144

Whoo hoo! That should help! Thankies!
  •  10/29/2004 9:37:42 PM 704618 in reply to 499144

You're welcome... it's a pleasure to help fellow Makers.

Edit: oh, I also remembered another command to be used on text boxes that is also pretty nifty...

\c[x] where x is a number between 0 and 20 => This changes the color of the text! For example if the number 4 is the color yellow, and the standard color is, say, black (though it usually isn't) than the "code" :

\c[4]Hi, my name is MA.\c[0] Would you like some milk?

Would appear as:

Hi, my name is MA. Would you like some milk?

"Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"
    I will f*** you in the ass and mouth
    Catullus, XVI

Things do sound more profound in Latin...
  •  11/8/2004 11:48:11 PM 709929 in reply to 499144

I'm taking an indefinate hiatus on the TWC game. Not that anybody cares anyway...

•  10/17/2005 6:24:56 PM 759141 in reply to 499144

Re: TWC GAME!!!

Ooohhh awesome idea....could I be like a kyubi check my post at the FOKNC for my details on a char I have developed. I could help with expansion of ideas and fantasy based story lines?

No matter who you are or what you look like, we all have ine weakness. Our emotions.
    Everyone has a breaking point!
  •  4/23/2008 1:08:15 AM 804771 in reply to 759141

EPIC FAIL
  •  4/23/2008 1:08:22 AM 804772 in reply to 759141

EPIC FAIL
Page 17 of 17 (248 items)   « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17
View as RSS news feed in XML