Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Warrior's Dance [Rokugan]

Last post 07-15-2006, 3:40 PM by Twitch. 105 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (106 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  3/19/2006 8:29:51 PM 770742 in reply to 770354

Re: Warrior's Dance [Rokugan]

After helping to fell the one beast, she gets ready to attack the next beast that is here.  She looks around and sees the one attacking the scorpion warrior.  She draws her sword and charges hoping to make quick work of this one beast so it doesn't kill anyone else.  As she is rushing the beast, she yells something to try and get its attention.
  •  3/27/2006 8:49:10 PM 771978 in reply to 770742

[ Battle Action ]

It didn't take long for the battle to be decided just as it had begun, the blades of the rejuvenated warriors cut down the two remaining beasts, the Common Oni, and they fell with a cry to their dark and cruel Lord Fu Leng, Dark Shadowy Demon Lord.  And as their words burst from their throats, their bleeding bodies instantly caught fire in a pale blue flame, which incinerated the bodies before there was a chance for them to even make another cry.  No ashes remained from their destroyed bodies, and that was the resounding moment for a voice to break free from the flash of flame, a voice of terror and evil, corruption the likes of which none of them had ever heard.  Far more painful and damaging than that of even the Demon Oni General, it's voice literally caused the assembled group to fall to their knees, to the ground even, in pain before it's words.

"My minions rest shall not stop me, nor shall your blades of powers of light slow my cause.  I will bring back the Darkend Lord, King of the Obsidian Throne.  My power shall bring forh the fallen Lung, and then even the light shall not shine long in Rokugan."

Sinister, it laughed before it faded again, and such a random occurence begged a simple question.  Was the voice mocking them?  Or was it trying to get them to try and challenge it?  The being seemed to be merely mocking their intellect, but at the same time the possiblity remained that it merely was attempting to bring forth some opposition, so that the powers of light, the true Lung, the dragons, would not stand against him, for the only of their number to fall, the most terrible dragon of human history, lay trapped somewhere beneath the surface.... sleeping....

"... if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for Destruction Ice is also great
    And would suffice."
    - Robert Frost
  •  3/28/2006 8:17:35 PM 772141 in reply to 771978

Ksoo’ma pulled himself to his feet and glanced about before sheathing his blade; he reached up and adjusted his hat to make sure his face is well hidden beneath it. Inspecting the odd group of people gathered in the battle scarred clearing he crouched low and sniffed the air to make sure there weren’t more demons hiding near them… Motioning to the others he spoke in his speedy, stuttering voice. “Come, come, we most make haste; this battle is lost lost, we must flee further… We can gather gather those who escaped the demons and lead lead them to safety.”

•  3/30/2006 1:18:20 PM 772459 in reply to 772141

Shosuro Akro get up puts away/hides his sword.  And he looks around at the others and the man telling them to get farther away from the burning village.  He then puts on the facade he normaly has to hide who he truely is.  "I agree this place is not safe.  We need to get away from here and fast."  He then walks over to the hooded member saying we should leave.  Shosuro then notices his wound and he rips a peice of cloth and raps up his wound and waits for the others to get up to decide whats going on.
    A life, heh who needs one, I got it all here in RPing and video games.
  •  3/30/2006 5:34:04 PM 772527 in reply to 772459

The monk nods.  "The wise wolf knows when he has lost his prey, and is able to move on to more avantagious ventures."  He follows the other fleeing warriors
    Avatar a product of the amazing webcomic-year one. yearone.spiderspawn.com
  •  4/5/2006 7:23:18 PM 773320 in reply to 772527

Sha Ya Shi recovers quickly after the short skirmish.  "I no not of any of you but my heart is telling me that you are friends.  Let us get away from this area to recoperate and plan out a way to take revenge for all of the innocent lives taken by these unearthly beasts."
  •  4/8/2006 1:42:59 PM 773678 in reply to 773320

"I don't want to run..." He looked, seeing the others ready to leave. "Then again..." He turns, naginata out, following the one closest to him. He had no idea where to go, and hoped the others would be able to lead them to safety. He frowned, however... He lost most of his cargo when his horse ran away.
  •  4/11/2006 3:10:34 PM 774175 in reply to 773678

[ Forest - All ]

Although the forest was entirely silent, the party was given little time to even attempt to gather their thoughts, for from the depth of the silence came a buzzing sound, the sound of stomping and tromping, the beginnings of what could only be described as a march of the drones, the creatures whom, after the destruction of the previous village, were amassing to proceed forward with further destruction.  Ksoo'ma, having the most sensitive ears and sense of smell of the group, felt the disturbance of the world much earlier than any of his compatriots, giving him a chance to begin to move much earlier than the others, considering that only the beginnings of the shadowlands taint were felt by the rest...

And would suffice."
    - Robert Frost
  •  4/13/2006 6:44:18 PM 774530 in reply to 774175

Ksoo’ma’s pace quickens slightly, everyone else is almost having trouble keeping up; it is a wonder he can keep that pace without signs of tiring and yet he seems to be holding back so as not to loose the group. The shrouded bushi turns sharply and seems to sniff the air from under his wide brimmed hat, “The creatures are gaining gaining on us; they are hunting us down… the last survivors.” He draws his draws his katana again, it doesn’t blaze with jade light anymore but there is a faint green tinge to the blade. “Hurry.” He says before resuming the lead.

•  4/14/2006 11:42:49 PM 774699 in reply to 774530

Sha Ya Shi gives a loud quick whistle as the started to run.  Moments later everyone in the group hears tha galloping of a horse.  "No worries this is my companion."  The horse comes from out of some trees and with amazing dexterity and grace, she pretty much flies up onto the horse.  "We must move quick.  I might ride ahead and find some shelter.  I think that that would be the best course of action right now with the force quickly catching up to our waryward group."  Sha Ya Shi then gets her horse to sprint away hoping to soon find some shelter that these beast will not find so easy.
  •  4/19/2006 11:26:53 AM 775050 in reply to 774699

[ Forest - All ]

The party ran quickly through the woods which were quickly thinning out into plains, until soon no trees were left to hide them from the prying eyes of the Shadowlands monsters.  Yet the party soon noticed that although there were no trees to hide behind or in, there wasn't much of anything else either, the smoke from the destroyed village behind them left little to imagine as to what remained of their enbattled village.  Aside from that, the smoke coming from the area vaguely left of the party meant that the Shadowlands beasts were beginning to set fire to the plains, or going to the village which was off in that direction.  Neither were good signs for the party, as there were already so few places to hide - until the lucky Shujenga heard a whisper in his ear, his prayerful body absorbing the energies of the nearby spirits, his eyes adjusting as he saw the spirit of the plains, a powerful entity which appeared to be a Warrior wearing robes made from the grass and dirt of plains themselves.  He was obviously strong as the emblazened energy of the wind, the earth, and the plants - which he was struggling to use to repel the darker energies of the Shadowlands.  The Shujenga; however, was the only person to hear it's voice - a sound like the wind through the grasses.

"Hurry toward me, follow me and I will lead you to where you need to go, the plains hermit.  He and I are friends, and shall protect you while you rest - no Shadowlands beast shall approach his abode."

With that, he shot off, somewhat to the right of the party, the rest of the group oblivious to what transpired - leaving the Shujenga with a difficult decision: how to tell the rest of the group that he heard the spirits speak to him, and how to describe what it said - or to even trust the spirit himself?  Still, it was one of the few viable options left available to them.

[ The Depths of the Forest - Oni and other Tainted Shadowlands Beast ]

The creatures of the darkness, the shadow, were themselves splitting up the task of hunting down the remaining survivors, the weaker survivors were cut down by the Bakemono, but the more important tasks, the survivors who had actually fought the Demon General and survived - that was left to the more elite forces, the group which was compiled as of now, by order of the Oni General.  Five creatures, corrupt, evil, were amassed to take down the more hearty survivors of the eradication which was laid down upon the village.  These Oni would be the weapons through which the Shadowlands would find vengeance against those who would kill Oni and attempt to flee the wrath of Fu Leng.  Vengeance which would hopefully come upon them unbehest as the five creatures crept into the shadows, night would soon be upon the land, and that was their element - the darkness through which those accustomed to the light would fight great terror.

And would suffice."
    - Robert Frost
  •  4/19/2006 3:18:13 PM 775083 in reply to 775050

Kuwata reaches the front of the retreating pack and jogs backwards as he faces his new allies.  "My friends.  Even the mightiest lions must think before bringing down an elephant.  Surely we should do the same.  The thick blanket of night is almost upon us.  The feral cat can stalk his prey much better than the hearty woodmouse can flee in such elements."
    Avatar a product of the amazing webcomic-year one. yearone.spiderspawn.com
  •  4/19/2006 7:13:54 PM 775099 in reply to 775083

Sha Ya Shi looks at the one speaking.  "Night will soon be upon us.  The beast will try and use their element of darkness to find us and the finish us.  We must find a place where these creatures will no be able to find us.  Yet there is no immediate place to hide due to this emense plain."  She then looks up to the heavens and shouts "Gods place lend us your eyes so that we may find a hiding place.  Lend us your ears to hear these foul beasts.  Lend us you courage and might to fight off the darkness and put this evil day behind us to exact revenge on all those innnocents that have been slain.  I swear these people will not have died in vain.  I will slay this 'Fu Leng' with my own blade.  I just ask you, my Gods, to help my companions and me through this night, so that we might live to fufill my pledge."
  •  4/19/2006 7:49:22 PM 775103 in reply to 775099

Ksoo'ma looked back the group and then towards the demons, if his face could be seen it would display worry... at least what could be past for worry when displayed on the face of a rat.

"Seek what shelter you can can, I will catch up up after leading the creatures away; I know their ways well and can escape escape them easily."

(Just a note... Horses and dogs react to the scent of a Nezumi (me) with unease and hostility, not to mention the scent of the shadowlands creatures... Blood had the horses flee for a reason and I doubt they would return so easily, in fact so long as I am around horses aren't really an option; the scent of a nezumi makes them inexplicably angry.)

•  4/20/2006 3:18:01 PM 775145 in reply to 775103

Chiang watched and listened to the spirit, and then to the others in the group. He took a few steps after the powerful spirit, and looked back, prepared with the normal response he said when communing with the spirits, and they give him advice: "I think we should go this way... I'm feeling lucky." He nods back to them, smiling. "Gambler's instincts." He began to briskly go in the direction the spirit had told him to. He said a short, internal prayer as he walked.
Page 4 of 8 (106 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML