Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Jurassic Park Trilogy

Last post 09-04-2004, 12:51 AM by Chrysicat. 33 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (34 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  1/26/2004 9:11:00 PM 499938

Jurassic Park Trilogy

Before you trekkies and SW fans pounce and rip me apart, yes, Jurassic Park is a sci fi flick.

Honestly, I love this series. I hope they sequel it again. It needs to become bigger! Although I think the second was the best.

Come, see Neko Girl Jessica's Place, a haven for RPers everywhere!
  •  1/27/2004 1:41:00 PM 511679 in reply to 499938

RE: Jurassic Park Trilogy

i love then all but

i dont think they should make

another one cos what would they do it on??

What eternal hand of eye, what limitless imagination, could concieve the pangs of immortal life? An eternity of broken dreams. A place where once I died. what divine-concieved design, could match a mortal life? A wry and rapt mortality. A life played out in sounds, of weeping, screaming sighs. Is this when the night comes down? The Shadow in us all, that ebbs and flows with ignorance...
  •  1/27/2004 2:56:00 PM 507159 in reply to 499938

I think they could do something to get Billy back on the island, as they've already run through the two cool main characters of the first one.

Or the kid, whose name slips my mind.

Billy was my second favorite from the third movie. Favorite being Dr. Alan Grant, of course.

•  1/28/2004 2:59:00 AM 506329 in reply to 499938

Yeah, I think Michael Chriton is one of my favorite sci-fi authors.  I only saw the first Jurassic Park movie though.  I'm looking forward to Timeline much more.
  •  1/31/2004 6:59:00 AM 511817 in reply to 499938

God I hated that movie.

And there is no damned reason for them to go back to that island.

•  1/31/2004 12:34:00 PM 512706 in reply to 499938

Ooh, better though. New survivors entirely. None of the old cast. Plane crashes on the island or something.
  •  2/1/2004 3:24:00 AM 509861 in reply to 499938

nononono.

•  2/1/2004 3:28:00 AM 509752 in reply to 499938

Why not? That would be cool! Whole new set of survivors, nobody has any frickin' clue what's going on, surrounded by dinosaurs!
  •  2/1/2004 8:26:00 PM 512114 in reply to 499938

Wouldn't that simply be the same concept as the first one? Then again I haven't seen it so I wouldn't know.
    It's not enough to succeed, others must fail.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  •  2/1/2004 8:32:00 PM 512912 in reply to 499938

No. They knew there were dinosaurs. It was a dino park they were checking out. The dinosaurs broke out and rampaged after they had readied themselves for that possibility.

This would be completely different. Nobody would have any frickin' clue what was going on. They would crash, there would be dinosaurs. Eventually they would find the complex and piece together a little of what happened, but they wouldn't have any idea about what might happen until it actually did.

•  2/1/2004 8:54:00 PM 512943 in reply to 499938

For one thing, it follows a strict formula, of which you yourself dug in to.

Oblivious people crash land on Island. Worry for while. People movie inland, meet dinosaurs, some die. Continue to complex, piece together dinosaur breeding program. More die. Find working radio/computer/boat/helicopter/airplane and make narrow escape from island.

Survivng members (2 or 3 from original 16 or so) agree that nowone should ever come here again and that the dinosaurs should be left to their own devices, and then do nothing to insure that.

This inevitable plot of which you describe adds nothing to Jurassic park and works to further disasociate itself from the great books.

•  2/2/2004 9:25:00 AM 511260 in reply to 499938

I GOT IT! EGS FANS TELEPORT TO THE ISLAND AND CAN FLY SO THEY FLY AROUND AND BLAST THE DINOS! YAY VIOLENCE AND USELESS PLOTS!
  •  2/2/2004 9:48:00 AM 510362 in reply to 499938

1) See, this is why I don't write fanfiction. Only the actual person who made something can truly write it even remotely decently.

2) The movies can't get further from the books. Even the first one went in a completely opposite direction. They're two different stories. Deal with it.

3) That was just a remote outline for a rough idea, anyway.

4) Jurassic Park III is being sold down at the Best Buy near here as a beloved Great Hit, so they're obviously doing something right.

•  2/3/2004 12:52:00 AM 512944 in reply to 499938

1) Meh, You're a good writer.

2) eh, I'm fine with that, I just don't want to see either tarnished by a string of bad sequels made to cash in on the franchise. (Imagine Star Wars, since everyone hates those prequels except me... )

4) Of course it sells. Few people buy those straight to video disney sequels and mary kate & Ashley movies, but no matter how much crap it is, it's marketable.

Now, I'm not saying that they couldn't do another movie in the Jurassic Park universe, I'm just strongly against rehashing the "people go to island, die, escape" theme they've pretty much used for the past three movies.

•  2/3/2004 1:46:00 AM 512964 in reply to 499938

What else is there? Wait, never mind.

Actually, I'm in favor of getting the dinos off the island, to be honest. The T-Rex in San Diego scene of The Lost World was my favorite scene out of every movie or book of Jurassic Park.

Page 1 of 3 (34 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML