Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

"Updated once a week"??

Last post 02-26-2005, 6:18 PM by VkmSpouge. 61 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (62 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  5/27/2004 7:23:00 PM 500064

"Updated once a week"??

Post here if you want more OLW !

More updates!
    More minicomics!
    More Ride of the Valkyries!
    More rants! More links! More guest art!

Gimme gimme gimme OLW !!!
  •  5/27/2004 8:52:00 PM 587347 in reply to 500064

RE: "Updated once a week"??

Well more would be nice but it doesn't really work that way. See they still need time to think of story line and jokes, actually make the comic, and of course have time to them selves to do things other than the comic like work and games.

i love the comic, and i am all for more of it. but i would rather they take their time and make a good comic instead of trying to rush out 2 or more comics in a week that is lacking in story and has recycled jokes. Give the guys some slack they are doing one hell of a job and I don't want to see them stop due to stress like so many other good web comics I have seen. Once a web comic becomes a job instead of a hobby and you feel obligated to provide or else the fans will get bitchy it isn't much fun anymore.

•  5/27/2004 8:57:00 PM 588082 in reply to 500064

I'm with Twitch on this. While I would love to see a new comic everyday and if I become rich enough I promise to enslave Wally and Archer to produce a new, fantastic OLW everyday but until that glorious day comes I'm happy to let Wally and Archer take their time over the comic, after all the best things are worth waiting for .
    Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  5/27/2004 11:03:00 PM 589726 in reply to 500064

Well, truth be told the last bumpyness in the comic schedule has been mostly my fault in not keeping doing the things on time rather than Archer's, so the 'Once a Week' thingy would be mostly 'cuz of me, methinks.

For some reasons -some of which have nothing to do with the comic itself- I've not been able to push myself to do the comic on time. Whenever I end up doing the comic I usually pull an all-nighter which does things to my sleepy time that I would not dare to do to another man, and some other times I just draw crap that makes me cringe in fear of anyone actually ever seeing it -quite ironic that, when I was still in college I failed the dates less than now that I'm unenemploy--er, graduated. :p

And funny thing, this morning, after sleeping two hours and being woke up by a call from a debt-collecting-guy-or-we-break-your-arm-italian-style* guy I drew a minicomic (which actually is in res media in Pshop) before ever noticing about this thread.

Still, you all make some good points and it's really heartwarming to see that our lil' project is apreciated so. From the call to arms for more webcomics to the let's give the chaps some slack, well, as the Pope would say:

But well, them's the beans. For my part I'll try and at least surpass the once a week schedule (which, studying the recent trends, should be Monday and hopefuly Friday) and let's see how things float from there on.

*Well, alright, they don't break your arm. Just your pinky.
  •  5/27/2004 11:56:00 PM 588915 in reply to 500064

Make sure they break the one thats not your drawing hand K?
  •  5/29/2004 2:43:00 PM 590816 in reply to 500064

Hey, I'm all for OLW, you guys make a great work, demonstrating how cool we Mexicans really are, but hey, do it on your time, don't rush into things, or you could get a really crappy comic, so there, that was my rant for today.

Viva Monterrey

•  5/29/2004 7:15:00 PM 590702 in reply to 500064

Not to rain on our "friendly neighborhood artist-man" (ok, actually this is raining on him), but the comic itself is ready (scripts are already done and have been complete for a while on this particular arc, as well as the first two for the next arc).

Other than that, i aint sayin anything other than "check the comic for a lil update i tossed a few mins ago"

•  5/30/2004 12:25:00 AM 592102 in reply to 500064

hey, those are schweet t-shirts.

may i ask, what con?

•  5/30/2004 12:45:00 AM 596284 in reply to 500064

That would be A-Kon, in Dallas, TX. June 4-6 at the Adam's Mark Hotel

•  5/30/2004 11:59:00 AM 590812 in reply to 500064

i was hoping for the monterrey's Con , damn
  •  5/30/2004 3:15:00 PM 590700 in reply to 500064

Hmm, no offense, but the con here sucks seriously. I mean it, the degree of suckage of the con held here twice a year equals that of being kicked in the ballz (as mike so kindly put it once). "Just pay the guy the money, have him kick you in the balls, and call it even"...

Not unlike many US fan-run cons, A-kon actually happens to be very very much fun. That and the fact that over there you do get a) nicely done costumes  and  b) cute girls   (you can referr to the a-kon gallery section of the OLW page to check this out for yourself )

•  6/1/2004 12:57:00 PM 596345 in reply to 500064

Well.

It is.

The only good thing it has going for itself, its ironically.. that it ends.

Regards,

Mike

•  6/1/2004 9:28:00 PM 593347 in reply to 500064

yes, the con here sucks.....but it's what we got *goes to a corner and assumes fetal position*
  •  6/2/2004 8:02:00 AM 594295 in reply to 500064

Oooy!

Come on, guys! Monterrey's con aint that bad! I mean, sure it could be better and sure it is not as organized as most american cons but hey, which con doesn't have another con over it? (Answer: ComiCon)

When I was but a wee lad five years ago and fresh outta' my father's house in order to study college in this faraway city called Monterrey, the Faustino-Convencion was my first brush with the trappings of geekism as I know it.

I bought my first anime tape (at the age of 18... flabergasting! :o) there, I bought my first manga there (Noritaka in the crappiest binding and Spanish translation you can find this side of Andalucia) and I certainly was shocked beyond all reckoning when I first saw guys dressing up for this whole "Cosplay" deal. It was kind of a coming-of-age geek thing. :p

Thus, having fond memories of that first time 5 years back, I can only say that Mty's Con aint that bad. After all, a Con's a Con and Con-goers are what makes a Con fun. So, chin up and be proud that at least your (my) city (Mty) has a con!

*El_Wally hails from Mexicali, Baja. A city which knows no thing such as a Con*

Incidentally, I wont be going to A-kon. There are only that many words in our tongue that can express my woe.
  •  6/3/2004 11:08:00 PM 595660 in reply to 500064

Then go to Monterrey's con, and wear something fans can recognize you with........actually, I think I'm the only 'Regio? here...anyway, yeah......
Page 1 of 5 (62 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML