Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Next story arc...

Last post 02-28-2005, 7:28 PM by Twitch. 70 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (71 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  2/14/2004 7:15:00 PM 525681 in reply to 498609

RE: Next story arc...

Yeah, the only thing I am useing from D20 modern is the sheet and the guns. After all I don't need a spell list...
  •  2/18/2004 1:49:00 PM 531830 in reply to 498609

Theres always the option of having a change of seats on the table.

Id love to see a game St´d by one of the players.

And the BESM game would not only provide you with the chance to indulge in your recent reading on it, it would also let the wakizachi kid pump up some serious anime-speed line laced visuals.

RPGs, Anime and geekathron stuff.

I mean.. you get some, Wally gets some, and Jimmy Double-click at home gets to smile and point at the magic.

And nephew, you know what?

its all about the magic.

Regards,

Mike

•  2/18/2004 2:18:00 PM 527382 in reply to 498609

I don't really see much point in doing BESM, after all Wally's style of art is already Anime.
  •  2/18/2004 6:09:00 PM 527875 in reply to 498609

Which would blend rather right with a script done as Anime. Ergo, the call to besm-ity.

Besides.

I Know for a fact that both Archer and Wally have nice ideas on the topic.

On the other hand, there is always doing some downtime on the guys,and then seeing what rocks their boat to play.

Regards,

Mike

•  2/19/2004 8:22:00 PM 526566 in reply to 498609

Well, as a little update, we prolly won't be using warhammer 40k as a storline for the next "chapter" in the comic. We'll prolly be using either BESM (or something along the lines of BESM), or a still undefined game quickie (probably another player storytelling...

anyhoo, any further suggestions are still quite requested and accepted!

•  2/19/2004 9:17:00 PM 527263 in reply to 498609

Well there are many other world of darkness games you could go into, not to metion other D&D worlds such as my personal favorite Dragonlance. You could run a game useing D20 Modern, Ghostwalk, GURPS, Starwars, Wheel of Time, Rokugan (Legend of the 5 Rings), Ravenloft.

Or hey what about haveing them have a Lan party and we can see through the eyes of the person they are playing on the computer. Maybe a match of Starcraft/Warcraft or Day of Defeat (Even better Battlefield 1942), or any of the many Halflife mods. Never Winter Nights would work too but then they might as well play Tabletop D&D.

•  2/24/2004 9:39:00 PM 530328 in reply to 498609

If only I knew more about Shadowrun than basic setting information (which incidentally, sounds ubercool), I'd like to do a storyarc about it...

Wait, no... I'd like to play a game of it!

Shadowrun: The only RPG game that gives Mexico (Aztlan) more than a pitiful glance.

Oh, and glad to see you finally signed up to the forums, Mike!
  •  2/24/2004 9:44:00 PM 530882 in reply to 498609

Yeah Aztlan is cool in Shadowrun, the blood mages are scary.

In one of my games there was a Mexican Dwarf by the name of El Pablo Loco, funny as hell.

If you have no moral quams about downloading stuff with Kazza, I have noticed they do have a lot of Shadowrun books on there in adobe acrobat format. So if you can't get them at any store and don't want to be raped for the price of ordering them out of the country...

•  2/24/2004 9:56:00 PM 530330 in reply to 498609

Hahaha, wowza! Took me more time to edit a single line of text than to you to answer the post! Gnomish magic, indeed.

Heheheh. El Pablo Loco, sounds like a cool concept. And yeah, Aztlan -and Aztechnology- seem to be really wicked. Specially that whole "who or what controls Aztechnology and what are his plans for the future?". And around 5 years ago, I read a couple of pages of the Aztlan sourcebook owned by a friend living in the same dorm building. The best of what I read is that some truly Mexican characteristics were intertwined with the fiction, seeming a somewhat possible future of the country... that is, if everyone suddenly started transphorming into trolls and whatnot.

Kazaa? By golly, what might that be? :p
  •  2/24/2004 10:01:00 PM 530885 in reply to 498609

Yeah I tend to post fast, but when you spend 3 years of your life on Everquest you become a fast typer, not as fast as if you play muds all the time but pretty fast.

Yeah El Pablo Loco, he went around in a Serape, a sombrero, and had two big revolvers. Sorry if I mangled the names of those two Mexican clothing articals...

Yeah if you read the main book history it tells all about the transformation and such, much like Vampire these boys did their homework and came out with a realistic history. You can read the history at the Shadowrun home page, not sure where it is but a quick search can find it.

•  2/25/2004 12:56:00 AM 530336 in reply to 498609

You got sombrero right and sarape (instead of serape) quite close!

And yep, I'm a personal sucker for games that are based (solidly) on alternate historical or actual settings, such as the WoD line, the Dark Ages stuff, Shadowrun and even Abhuma-- er, Transhuman Space.
  •  2/25/2004 11:51:00 AM 531631 in reply to 498609

Yeah same here.

hmm seems that my spell checker can't handle spanish, maybe I should feed microsoft word some tacos...

•  2/25/2004 12:25:00 PM 531857 in reply to 498609

The whole  Shadowrunny experience could be cool.  So start eating them booksies kiddies.

Of course, in the meanwhile, Theres always the possibility of having one of the lil bastards run a game of their own design.. which may or may not take from some of the games mentioned.  Ive heard of some STs that make this part of their players experience, not knowing jack shit about the world and learning as they go.. exactly like their characters.

Besides.

A world born out of the imagination of any of the own little wordlers would be trés cool.

Regards,

Mike

•  2/25/2004 1:23:00 PM 531632 in reply to 498609

That usually how I run most of my games, not really because I think it would be cool but because of my chaotic nature keeps me from sticking to rules and settings as a game master....

I once had two Faerun half orcs teleported to Modern Vos Vegas, man was that crazy...

•  2/26/2004 4:18:00 PM 535952 in reply to 498609

Im kinda partial on that one.

I mean. I like beeing surprised while in the game.. as in, i dont want to know how it works ACTUALLY when my characters doesnt, Because.. well. Yes. you can ignore it and play with it. But is a whole other ballgame when you really DONT know. On the other hand when the game is totally made by the Gamemaster, DM, ST, whatever you are basicly wingin it as you play. You dont have a background in which to have a basis for your character.. how he sees this or that, what parts conform the pilars of the game, etc..

I love a nicely done authentic setting where things have changed. Where everything is a new experience, but it is also pretty hard to enjoy things when they suddenly come up in the game from nothingness. It has more to do with how a Dm turns it around int part of the story and the game and less on how different it can be from normal settings. More than everything I value taht a ST/DM/GM puts time, effort and design into his world..if it goes somewhere.. if it has a meaning.. if it makes us(the players) get into the game.

I dont give much of a **** when ¨There are 7 kingdoms in Peloria, each of them founded on different pillars of clergy and each of them very different from each other, in Voluria, the caste of Arch magi  have made all religion void, and punishuble by death¨ if it doesnt wield into the story, our characters or what we know of the world.. i want something tangible, something my character knows, rumors, stories,  legends, story as they know it ..

¨There are 4 gods in the everlasting star of ashes. One is now dead by the hand of Topo Giggio the Mad. He has usurped the throne of Inbaldur and taken the crown of Tholus with which he has cast the deadly white searing hand of the sun upon the lands of Oarabur where all have died.¨ OK, thanks Fred. But what the hell does that have to do with our mundane existance in Cuchitril Ville where we have to get our buddy out of the jail to escape persecution because we killed the governors son who was possesed by a devil- ass-monkey.

To all a  purpose.

And invention when invention is needed. I prefer to play something well done in a setting i know and enjoy, with themes and stories i can understand because i have this background on it, than a half baked attempt on ¨a whole new thing¨.

But thats just me.  Mostly because i want to enjoy that one time i get to be a player each Cimmerian tri-year when the multiverse aligns and all creation says: Wtf, let one of his players have an idea today.

Regards,

Mike

Page 3 of 5 (71 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML