Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Manga / Anime

Last post 12-31-2006, 2:40 PM by Phoenix Talion. 63 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (64 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  4/22/2006 2:19:07 PM 775345 in reply to 775336

Re: Manga / Anime

I started one of her with her sword and never finished. Anna is a character for a story I'm writing, and I like her because she has an interesting perspective on things because half the time she's welcomed warmly, and half the time a torch and pitchfork mob forms to chase out the "monster". She sees things from both sides.
    I swear, now you're just doing it to piss me off.
  •  4/24/2006 7:19:57 AM 775498 in reply to 775345

are you making your own fictional world, or are you writing about a character in some fantasy world that allready exist?

either way, may we get a sneak peak at the script? Smile [:)]

BORK!
  •  4/24/2006 12:48:41 PM 775547 in reply to 775498

My own world. And sure, I'll post the first chapter after its finished. It'll be kind of rough drafty, though. I can post the basic setting right now though.

A few years before the story, a dark wizard tried to take over the kingdom with the aid of a powerful demonic artifact. He was stopped by a small band of adventurers who had been his friends before he betrayed them. While the others held off the defenses of his tower, two of them, twin sisters from the Southlands, climbed the tower to fight the wizard. The sisters, Renda and Ambri Fire-eyes, had grown up alongside the wizard, and had once counted him as kin. But because of an oath sworn long ago, the sisters couldn't harm him and he knew it. So he let them through, thinking them harmless. But the twins had no intention of harming him, only stopping him. Forever. They adventurers had aquired a divine artifact that would seal an evil being away for all eternity, or until the evil had been burned from his soul. As soon as he realized their intentions, he attacked them, and Ambri was badly wounded. Renda, seeing her sister hurt by one she had once called a brother, attacked the wizard, oath or no. But even as she intended to break it, some force of magic enforced the oath. But she did manage to shatter the demon artefact, and seal his soul before she finally succumbed to her own injuries and passed out. When she recovered, she found the wizards body, unmarked, but apparently lifeless. Assuming him dead, Renda left the tower, carrying her sister. But the wizard was not dead. His body lay preserved in a deep slumber, while his soul atoned for its crimes.

The wizard, Dannath Kaylan, wasn't really evil, but the artefact had corrupted him. It's influence removed, his soul returned to good, and he was sent to Kasi, godess of vengence and unpaid debts. Kasi decided that, rather than making him work off his debt so to speak, she would return him to the material plane, where, if needed, he would be Kasi's champion. Because basically, he has to do as she says because she owns his soul. Kasi forsees Dire Events happening soon, and she wants a stake in how things turn out.  So until he's needed, Dannath is keeping his head down, living under an assumed name, and trying to pretend that Kaylan the Black had never existed. Then he ran into the absolut last person he wanted to see, and things wen't downhill from there...

•  4/25/2006 6:30:25 AM 775607 in reply to 775547

sounds interesting

BORK!
  •  4/29/2006 10:10:52 PM 776170 in reply to 775607

Attachment: Riskantantric!.jpg
    Drew this today. Riskantantric, Blue/black draco-demangel, aka Risk (you summon extraplanars by using their full name.) in dragonoid form. Ambri and Renda's half brother. Neurotic and bipolar (you would be too... mixed angel/demon blood.) Risk causes absoulute chaos with a thimblefull of good intentions. He's something of a hybrid vigor, more powerful than an angel or a demon.

•  4/30/2006 4:32:26 AM 776181 in reply to 776170

sounds like the type of character who's allways in a good and cheerful mood, perhaps a bit clumsy, but when he get's serious he'll be fierce and he'll smash his enemies to bits ^^

BORK!
  •  4/30/2006 2:28:37 PM 776240 in reply to 776181

Exactly. From sugarhigh to bloodrage in 0.05 seconds flat.

•  5/9/2006 6:35:46 PM 777161 in reply to 776240

A picture of one of my rp character on another forum, Rinthala, CG Dark Elven Ranger.

And with color!

•  5/12/2006 2:55:04 PM 777468 in reply to 777161

Woah.. Are you going to break blocks of rock with that chin? I know elves have sharp figures, but not that sharp.

"Everything is run by women, hence making us men just playtoys and slaves. Dont even think of arquing with them since they can make your life a living hell. In the end there will be no need for us men since women can do it by themselves."
    - Me, just before I got twacked with an aluminium pipe.
  •  5/12/2006 3:38:46 PM 777482 in reply to 777468

Anime elves do. Big Smile [:D]
  •  5/12/2006 4:42:03 PM 777490 in reply to 777482

The ultra-pointy chin is a style convention. Just about every female anime character has a wedge-shaped jaw. Some of the male characters also suffer from this condition but an equal number have chins so square you could use them as rulers.

Nihil est ab omni partum beatum.
    (Nothing is an unmixed blessing)
  •  5/12/2006 10:38:43 PM 777538 in reply to 777490

My elves are generally much sharper and skinnier than my humans...I have to find the picture I did of Kenna and her companion from the story I originally created her for, a human cleric named Starflower. I liked the contrast, because not only was Star a foot taller and much curvier, with softer lines on her face and such, she looked utterly exasperated, while Kenna looked downright sadistically happy.

Now I have to go dig out my old sketchpad...

•  5/19/2006 7:12:31 AM 778484 in reply to 777538

should have worked with the sky a bit more, but smudge tool is only fun for so long Stick out tongue [:P]

BORK!
  •  5/19/2006 10:00:32 AM 778501 in reply to 778484

Ooh... Love the sky.
  •  5/28/2006 6:10:04 PM 779459 in reply to 778501

Taedara, the White Witch of Dagan Wood.

Page 3 of 5 (64 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML