Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Movie Critic Corner

Last post 08-24-2007, 5:12 PM by VkmSpouge. 503 replies.
Page 34 of 34 (504 items)   « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  7/24/2007 6:41:50 AM 801523 in reply to 801500

Re: Transformers

OOOOH!

i saw Tranformers the other day. i was watching the film with an open mouth, i realy want to see it again but i have no more money (at the moment).

BTW: did anyone notice that Barricade had "to punish and enslave" written on him rather than "to protect and serve" (i think thats right, can someone please correct me if i'm wrong)

If you can tell me why it is or is not... I'll be impressed.
    You understood the question.

Take the test at: http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/
  •  7/24/2007 9:38:33 PM 801530 in reply to 801523

Fayt Graydon:

OOOOH!

i saw Tranformers the other day. i was watching the film with an open mouth, i realy want to see it again but i have no more money (at the moment).

BTW: did anyone notice that Barricade had "to punish and enslave" written on him rather than "to protect and serve" (i think thats right, can someone please correct me if i'm wrong)

I saw that too. It's a nice touch. Wink

Dungeon Crawl Inc. - It's the most fun you can have without three midgets and a whip!
  •  7/26/2007 12:43:55 PM 801555 in reply to 801530

I'll be going to see the movie again next Tuesday, this time with my parents Big Smile. After that I'll probably have to wait for the DVD.

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  7/29/2007 3:05:17 AM 801590 in reply to 801555

The Simpsons Movie

I saw the Simpsons on the premiere this friday... it was good ^^

though to some degree, probably because we're more used to the simpsons as a tv series, it felt more like an hour and half long stand-alone episode

that being said, I did enjoy it... the visual quality was better than the series, more smooth and computer-animated (kind of like Futurama)
     the story was easy to follow and didn't wander off
    there was a good mix between serious moments to move the plot forward, and humor that caused hysterical laughter in the theatre, and the humor was very... well... simpson-like

there were quite a few jokes that you knew could never happen, but at the same time you could see them happening (if you don't get my point, you probably will if/when you see it)... lots of parodies, innuendos and a fair share of satire on the US government

among other things it only took a few minutes for the town of springfield to whipe out a famous Punk-Rock band ^^
    oh, you also finally got a bit of an idea of where springfield is, geographically Stick out tongue

all and all, I give it 9/10 (really, really good, but not quite perfect ^^ can't put my finger on it, but it felt like something was missing)

BORK!
  •  7/31/2007 3:29:16 AM 801614 in reply to 801590

Re: The Simpsons Movie

I think the Spider Pig moment was classic Simpsons and the best bit of the film.
  •  8/4/2007 8:04:16 AM 801672 in reply to 801614

Spider-Pig was cool. I need to download the choir version of that. Cool

As an Alaskan I especially got a kick out of the middle of the movie. 

Dungeon Crawl Inc. - It's the most fun you can have without three midgets and a whip!
  •  8/4/2007 12:44:05 PM 801681 in reply to 801672

I personally enjoyed the "This book doesn't have any answers"-part Stick out tongue

that, and "I'm a leader, not a reader" ^^

BORK!
  •  8/17/2007 10:35:33 PM 802011 in reply to 801681

totally worth paying money to go an see it again ^_^
    v.funny,
    i liked the part where homer won the truck
    If you can tell me why it is or is not... I'll be impressed.
    You understood the question.

Take the test at: http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/
  •  8/24/2007 5:12:21 PM 802238 in reply to 802011

The Bourne Ultimatum and Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

I've seen these two movies of late.

The Bourne Ultimatum is the third movie follow Jason Bourne. Full of good action pieces and lovely spy stuff. It is a very enjoyable and exciting movie that is worth seeing. I don't think it is as good as The Bourne Identity but certainly on par with The Bourne Supremacy and that's no bad compliment.

I saw Harry Potter & the Order of Phoenix today and I have to say I enjoyed the movie. The editing could use work in some places and I think they could have played up certain events more but overall I thought it was another good adaptation of the books. I'm not certain where I would rate it amongst the other Potter movies.

Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

Page 34 of 34 (504 items)   « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34
View as RSS news feed in XML