Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

Meaning of life

Last post 12-30-2007, 8:44 PM by jkjk. 49 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (50 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  6/21/2004 10:08:00 PM 605487 in reply to 498055

RE: Meaning of life

I have think about it last night, most people who said that life has no meaning. Base their opinion in the fact that human are mortal, means no matter how long you life, eventually you will die.

And all your hard work have no meanings anymore, thus life is meaningless.

But I guess this opinion only work when the purpose of all your hard work is for yourself. Since yourself are eventually die, eventually all your hardwork is for none, since you're no longer exist.

But if you decide to spend your life for something outside yourself, for something that could have a longer existance. Than your life will be have a meaning, now and forever, well not exactly forever. It will have a meaning as long as the subject which you choose to spend your life for is exist.

Like Musashi said in the novel of Eiji Yoshikawa, "If you looking for me at the place of the died one. You won't find me, since I'll live forever at the spirit of Japanese samurai. At the heart of the people of my country."

Well somthing like that.
  •  6/22/2004 12:11:00 PM 605374 in reply to 498055

that argumant only works for athiests. my hard work as a christian will be rewarded, the hard work of going into the office everyday and earning $$$ however will dissappear as soon as i die and my reletives spend all the cash
  •  6/23/2004 4:47:00 AM 605475 in reply to 498055

You live, in this life you do lots of thing. Which part of your deed that would be have an impact on you life after this life?

As you said there is reward for you after this life, does your work to gained cash have anything to do with it?

If what you do in this life doesn't have any impact o your life after this life, then those all thing you do is worthless.

If it is have any impact, which kind of deed that made a good impact, which are not have any impact, and which brought bad impact such as you being thrown to hell.

As you're a christian who believe in good and bad. Who believe in work to serve others and not being egoistic. may I ask you a question? Are you really spend your life for the others? Honestly, sincerely?

If you do, could you give me some buck cause I need some money to buy a small house for my family, which is now, even after I spend my whole saving, there is still some amount need to be paid.
  •  12/30/2007 8:24:10 PM 803970 in reply to 605475

Re: RE: Meaning of life

The part of life that has an impact after we die, is where we who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ give glory to GOD. We give him glory by realising we are sinners, that we are not perfect and by thanking, loving and seeing the beuty in Christ's actions of dying on the cross to pay for our sins.  God does not want to be with sin so we would have been separated, Jesus paid the price of death to break the eternal separation we had. To know how to give your life to Christ read Romans 10 ("if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." ).  We give him glory by loving others, showing others the truth with the words written by God, the bible.  We give him glory by praising and admonishing him in our thoughts, words and prayer. 

Work to gain cash has nothing to do with getting to heaven, but it doesnt mean that working for money is wrong, it is the love of money that is wrong.  We dont get to heaven by good works, we get there through our faith in God and good works follow. In regards to your query about being thrown in hell, this would be be by the opposite of Romans 10 i.e not confessing Jesus is Lord and not believing on your heart that God raised Christ from the dead.

I think that is the dream of most people to own their house, i would like to live in a house but i rent, most people will never pay their house off, but at least you have a house, there are millions who dont even have shelter. Can i ask you a question? should money go to you or people who are starving and sleeping in the rain and weather?  I want to adress this to inform you where im at, At the moment im a poor uni student, i honestly do want to live my life for others thats why i am studying nursing and in the future i'm planning to do missionary work with doctors, i give money to the church (to spread the word of God, give glory to God, help the community) and i also give money to a compassion child.  I dont mean to offend but understand your situation better and to help you understand the word that God has written to us.

•  12/30/2007 8:44:36 PM 803972 in reply to 803970

Re: RE: Meaning of life

Gods word therefore gives us the meaning of life, for those who are wiling to read and study it and not stand outside and grab any information that may be against christianity.  Our society is driven by living for yourself, put down pride and live for God.  All im asking people to do is question and really search for answers for the truth. Rather than sitting back and expecting to win the lotto with the chance that God doesnt exist and thinking its ok that i dont believe in him, work hard to see the truth, be absolutely sure of what you believe in.  I questions for years before i came to see the truth in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Glory to God.

Page 4 of 4 (50 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
View as RSS news feed in XML