Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

The Return of the World within EPSC's Mind (D&D Campaign Discussion/Suggestions Centre)

Last post 06-06-2006, 11:53 AM by VkmSpouge. 96 replies.
Page 6 of 7 (97 items)   « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12/12/2005 6:25:25 PM 763433 in reply to 738814

Re: The Return of the World within EPSC's Mind (D&D Campaign Discussion/Suggestions Centre)

Yes that is a quandry

Hmmm Methinks the qualities then would simply be physical features with perhaps only a slight bonus to armor class?

But that would imply close relationship to the dragon, when truly it is distant...
    If at first you dont succeed, dont try skydiving
    Both diapers and politicians need to be changed--and usually for the same reasons
  •  12/13/2005 2:15:38 PM 763519 in reply to 763433

Re: The Return of the World within EPSC's Mind (D&D Campaign Discussion/Suggestions Centre)

You could give him severely limited powers to shapeshift, maybe only change the shape of his nose and colour of his hair. That way it won't be a big advantage but could be quite fun to play with.
    Scratchit: But he's a cripple!
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  12/14/2005 9:16:08 AM 763590 in reply to 738814

Well Doppelgangers are quite weak and they shapeshift, so its certainly a possibility
    Both diapers and politicians need to be changed--and usually for the same reasons
  •  12/14/2005 1:26:17 PM 763599 in reply to 738814

I'm thinking the PC is so far removed from his draconic heritage that the best he can transform is a pair of wings and his pupils have become snake-like/draconic. Powerwise, I figure Dragonsense, Flight and maybe elemental resistance should do for now. Trust me, he doesn't need to have a breathe weapon to kick butt.

Besides that, the sudden ability to grow wings coupled with his eyes looking even more strange (he's death-touched which means he's equally decended from undead) to the PCs should be enough to make them go "WTF?!" and have him wonder about his heritage.  That reminds me... What sounds like a good spot check to notice someone's pupils have changed?

EPSC: She's crazy, lazy and oh-so-lovable!

"The deific powers I emit will surely burn your retinas!!!"

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  12/14/2005 4:21:26 PM 763608 in reply to 763599

He's descended from the undead and dragons? Most be some family re-union!

I would say DC20 for pupils but increase the further away a character is by say 2 per foot.
    Blackadder: He's not a cripple, Mrs Scratchit. Occasionally saying "Phew! My leg hurts!" when he remembers to wouldn't fool Baldrick!

•  12/14/2005 7:53:48 PM 763624 in reply to 763608

Attachment: familytree.jpg
    The PC chose deathtouched human has his race (considering my campaign is about undeath and whatnot) and I decided that he was descended from the daughter of Morana and Thanatos who happened to become a vampiric dragon at the same time has her parents.

So here's pretty much the family tree. Basically Shelondra mated with a human and a dragon. Through the generations, the draconic appearence was diluted through the human side and both lines became deathtouched.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  12/15/2005 12:20:57 PM 763669 in reply to 763599

Evil Princess Sarah Chlyallia wrote:
    That reminds me... What sounds like a good spot check to notice someone's pupils have changed?

Well if the PC knows that their pupils have changed and they are trying to hide them then the DC would be greater, however if they don't know or if they are having a direct conversation with another character then the chance would be lower.

H-here, b-bunny, bunny, bunny...

•  2/15/2006 12:07:48 AM 767894 in reply to 738814

The game has pulled a complete 180. In an attempt to provide a challenge, I had the fighter turn on the group by means of evil magic... I caused that fighter to get killed and the cleric and paladin to run off. Leaving dragon-boy.

I have re-geared the last leg of the story to Pakalle and a new set of adventurers. The last leg will be more evil or neutral than the previous part. The goal is relatively the same, though.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  2/15/2006 10:34:26 AM 767923 in reply to 767894

Haha! I love it when games end up completely changing, when theres a giant curveball thrown at it.
  •  2/16/2006 5:12:10 PM 768001 in reply to 767923

How did the players cope with the sudden change?

•  2/16/2006 7:17:50 PM 768010 in reply to 768001

Pretty well. Everyone's thinkin of playing evil or neutral now. I see it as an almost new campaign (considering the cast change). Trust me, this in-player fight was a lot better than the last time...

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  2/21/2006 4:54:55 PM 768449 in reply to 768010

What happened the last time?

•  2/21/2006 5:02:26 PM 768450 in reply to 738814

I shall refer you to this thread: http://webcomic.net/forums/501569/ShowPost.aspx

Long story short: A lot of arguements about rules and plenty of screaming.

EPSC's World of Art!
    GHE Art Department
  •  3/27/2006 7:50:35 AM 771762 in reply to 768450

Sad [:(] Re: The Return of the World within EPSC's Mind (D&D Campaign Discussion/Suggestions Centre)

does anyone know anything about the Isle of dread? my D.M. want's to kill off my friends and my own characters! were only lv 5's or lv.6's (with a lv.7 druid). please?!?!?!?

Sad [:(]

•  3/27/2006 7:54:39 AM 771764 in reply to 771762

Wouldn't that be called cheating? anyway, the isle of dread is meant for our character levels, and we still have the rod of resurrection (or at least the cleric has)
    A Good Deed is its own reward.
    That, and getting to go to heaven.
Page 6 of 7 (97 items)   « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML