Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

"The Future Belongs to Freedom, not Fear."

Last post 07-08-2006, 7:43 AM by fluffy-mittens. 93 replies.
Page 3 of 7 (94 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10/16/2004 8:04:17 AM 701667 in reply to 500923

RE: "The Future Belongs to Freedom, not Fear."

Jealous of your power? More like afraid of it.

And don't try that compassionate conservatism crap, it only works on idiots. Look,

conservative = racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic
    nazi = racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic

- the only difference is... um, actually there isn't one.

•  10/16/2004 8:22:18 AM 701545 in reply to 500923

[quote]conservative = racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic[/quote]

Come on, you know that's not true... cause if you really believe that, you must think I'm all those things.. so which is it?

KITTY KITTY DANCE GO

**KNC Member**
    **B-Unit Minister of Warm Fuzzy Kawaii Things**

DeviantArt site

The Kitlings!
  •  10/16/2004 8:36:05 AM 701668 in reply to 500923

Yes, those things are true, just take a look at the conservative party policies:

The proposed immigration quota is quite clearly inconsiderate of the need for countries to be able to support each other in times of crisis, showing blatant xenophobia.

So called 'cutting through red tape' would sideline equal rights for women and ethnic minorities (especially in the workplace), showing racism and sexism.

Further policies show more class divisions, unfair income-dependant taxes, throwing out the ban on fox-hunting with dogs, trying to draw power from the EU whilst still being too backward to join it, and worst of all: Privatisation *cringes*.

And thats just their policies in my country, I'm sure if you have half a brain you'll realise that it is much, much worse in your country. So yeah, I really do believe that - so maybe you are all those things.

•  10/16/2004 8:49:24 AM 701551 in reply to 500923

The proposed immigration quota is quite clearly inconsiderate of the need for countries to be able to support each other in times of crisis, showing blatant xenophobia.

that doesn't signify xenophobia, just a consern about overpopulation and loss of jobs to the new immigrants..

So called 'cutting through red tape' would sideline equal rights for women and ethnic minorities (especially in the workplace), showing racism and sexism.

Further policies show more class divisions, unfair income-dependant taxes, throwing out the ban on fox-hunting with dogs, trying to draw power from the EU whilst still being to backward to join it, and worst of all: Privatisation *cringes*.

I'm not fimilliar enough with British politics to make a comment on these issues, except to say that I oppose fox hunting..

So yeah, I really do believe that - so maybe you are all those things.

You're free to believe what you like. Although I nerly went hystarical with laughter when you called me xenophobic..

KITTY KITTY DANCE GO

**KNC Member**

DeviantArt site

The Kitlings!
  •  10/16/2004 9:00:39 AM 701669 in reply to 500923

I'm glad you think its funny, though I have no idea why you would.

Just look at your own policies for a second: Banning gay marraiges and abortions. Severe cuts in funding to hospitals, schools, urban regeneration, border relations and massive increases in 'defence'. Supporting international coups against democratically elected governments around the world. Selling arms to developing countries (I wasn't joking before). Capital punishment and countless breaches of human and civil rights, not to mention breaches of international law including defying the UN, the refusal to sign the Kyoto agreement, extending the bill passed a few years ago to make it impossible for an American officer to be convicted of war crimes (hmmm, I wonder what their intention was when they passed that one?). The sickening abuse of prisoners (being illegally held without trial or right to a lawyer). And then of course theres Bush's links to the Nazi party itself - if you don't believe me, look it up, its true.

•  10/16/2004 9:40:46 AM 701553 in reply to 500923

I'm glad you think its funny, though I have no idea why you would.

Xenophobia means a fear of those who are differant. I tend to go out of my way to hang out with those who are such.

Severe cuts in funding to hospitals, schools, urban regeneration, border relations and massive increases in 'defence'.

Conservitives don't like big government. how is that evil?

Supporting international coups against democratically elected governments around the world.

Saddam's election was hardly democratic, considering he executed everyone who voted agaist him in the last one..

extending the bill passed a few years ago to make it impossible for an American officer to be convicted of war crimes (hmmm, I wonder what their intention was when they passed that one?).

Letting a corrupt (and venhemtly anti-US) court decide the fate of US soliders? ha, ha.. yeah, right.

And then of course theres Bush's links to the Nazi party itself - if you don't believe me, look it up, its true.

I believe that was just some realitive/ancestor of him (correct me if I'm wrong) I belive people should be judged on their own merits, not the meirts of others.

What I find it hard to understand is why you always think of conservitives as evil.
    I don't think liberals are evil. not even the most hard line leftists.
    they're people, and I feel I should get to know each as a person before I form an opinion about who they are. and I would never use a group genraliszation such as 'Liberals are a bunch of commie nutjobs' to describe people who just hold a differant view of the world than I do.. the world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same way and held the same views, wouldn't it?

anyway, I have to go now, we can talk about this more tomorrow if you wish.

KITTY KITTY DANCE GO

**KNC Member**

DeviantArt site

The Kitlings!
  •  10/16/2004 10:06:07 AM 701478 in reply to 500923

Well, spree took a lot fo my material, which is fair enough as I have a long rant in mind.

Jealous of your power? let me but this into perspective.

I have little reason to be jealous of you, as an American. I have no outstanding national pride, I'm not ashamed of being British, I just don't care that much. But, as a British citizen I am entitled to almost-free health care if I need it, I'm currently studying at universisty and was not required to pay anything towards my tuition fees, I do not need to fear guns so much, I do not need to fear capital punishment should I be wrongly convicted of a serious crime and I'm confident that this counrtry's environmental record will improve over the coming years.

And as you mentioned power, let me mention the Iraq war. Without the support of this country it is unlikely that the US would have went to war. As one of 60 million Britons, my vote has almost 4 times the effect of the vote of any of the 250 million(ish, can't remember the correct figure) americans.

Anyhoo, onto your points. You go out of your way to associate with those who are different?, why?. I don't, I make no extra effort regardless of someone's origins etc.

Conservatives don't like big government, yeah. But this only means that they reduce control over key areas, this reflects in their idea of 'Keep what is yours'. Basically allowing big business to keep all of their un-earned money. By cutting social funding you make it more difficult for the poor to get what they need and deserve.

I don't think spree was talking about Iraq. For example, I know it was a long time ago, but American businesses supported Franco's nationalists during the Spanish civil war.

The war-crimes thing is more proof of right-wing arrogance, they believe that only their own can punish their own because anyone not american must be jealous and anti-american. You need to remember that very few people are anti-american, just anti-Bush.

As for your earlier point, I dont know you, so I cannot call you racist, sexist etc. but you are certainly voting for an administration that is.

The world is largely agaisnt Bush for the Iraq war, I hate how this is being allowed to dominate opinion, I hate Bush's presidency because I can see how much damage it is doing to a country that has the potential to be a great country, to protect the world and has never, ever come close to realising it.

Hmm, it seems all we've been doing is arguing about what is or 'isn't' good about Bush. Tell us what is 'good' about Bush and bad about Kerry, or don't you know?

•  10/16/2004 10:07:40 AM 702825 in reply to 500923

Well I'm glad to see some lively debate going on around here, but it still pains me that more Americans aren't speaking up. Of course I don't think Mod is a "bad person" for not voting, but I do truly wish that more people our age would. If you hadn't figured it out by now, I am a liberal. (duh) I'm all for giving Kerry a shot, and it pains me to think of the number of people that will vote for Bush just 'cause they don't know enough about the alternatives. I have to say that I agree with Spree when he said most countries are probably afraid of our power, rather then jealous of it. A lot of smaller countries probably worry that we'll occupy them like we have Iraq. We really need to pull out of there and let them get their country back on their own. Sure we should help them with finances, food, medical supplies and other aid, but the brut military force needs to go. I think Bush did a lot to turn the rest of the world against us, and we need someone to help pull us back up and show that America isn't just a bunch of hillbillys that are willing to "shoot first and ask questions later".
    Each day that comes is one day closer to Pedro's demise.

And no oompa-loompas.
  •  10/16/2004 11:49:51 AM 701555 in reply to 500923

Hmm, it seems all we've been doing is arguing about what is or 'isn't' good about Bush. Tell us what is 'good' about Bush and bad about Kerry, or don't you know?

sure, but some of my ideas of what's good about Bush may be the same as what you see is bad about him..

Good things about bush:

Doesn't change his views to match whatever the public thinks.
    Doesn't allow the UN to be in charge of the USA's national security.
    Supports school vouchers so that all kids have the same educational oppertunities. (Kerry opposes)
    Wants lower taxes for everyone, including the 'evil rich people' who, btw, create jobs and invest a lot of money on the stock market, making the economy better. (though he doesn't go far enough in my opinion [I would like to see a flat tax])
    Supports a missile defense program (most democracts seem to oppose this for some reason, even with the new threat of a nuclear North Korea)

Those are the main reasons I'm picking him over Kerry in November.

KITTY KITTY DANCE GO

**KNC Member**

DeviantArt site

The Kitlings!
  •  10/16/2004 5:18:47 PM 702069 in reply to 500923

To be honest, I haven't followed the whole debates. Or any of it, to be exact.

But I think I'd best vote for Kerry. Lolli is right, everyone is affraid of America's power. And it should be stripped. ^^b
    Seriously, Bush doesn't solve things peacefully, if it's not in his favour.

3 years ago, he 'threatened' to invade us if we didn't give an Amercan confict back. So he could be on trail over there then get it over whit by the UN. Our country is one of the backbones of the UN, and what's the point to invade this piece of garden over something so redicculous?

Second, I heard Bush knew all along that Al-Queda wanted to strike the WTC and pentagon. He used that as an excuse to get the people all riled up and worked his way to go into Iraq. He caught Sadam Hussain...SO WHERE THE F*CK IS OSAMA!?!?!?!

Bush should be beaten to death whit machine guns, just for those two points. He made a point a while back, Al-Queda can terrorize American citisens, and he can do it too.

I don't know why he passed on the project the UN wanted to start. I forgot the name of it, but back to what matters. The project would involve all the countries whit high CO2 exhaust. Countries would participate but stoopid Bush of pubic-hair said no to it. This project should've benefit everyone in the world, and certainly Americans. Now people believe it was that flaw he made that Florida got the HUGE hit this year. He could've prevented a part of that by participating. But that are some oppinions I heard. Seems he doesn't care about the health of the citizens, as long as they don't die in trade of a war.

I dunno about the support for the missle defence program. Sure, maybe it's good to give the coast some missle defence. but why does it have to be active? Unless there would be an all-out war against America, it's pretty futile. And Bush only encourages just 'that' by doing this stuff. He shouldn't be affraid, and only stop terrorist attacks as soon as he knows about it. Then the country would be just fine.

IMO, they should carpet-bomb a huge part of the mid-east. Including Israelian people. But America does not have to stick it's nose in those problems unless it actually has to do something whit the wellfare of the huge-ass country.

And just ignore the nuke-powered Koreans. Unless they are also aan immediate threat. Just work out a new deal both countries can uphold and let it be. It's just stoopid that countries are power-hungry and just keep on doing mindless things just for more. They should solve things together, instead of fighting meaningless fights. And leave oppinions as oppinions, and not to turn them into reasons for war.

It's been mostly a rant about that stoopid jack-ass bush and the sumb-ass enemies of him, but I just hope my 2 cents helped a bit.
    Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium.
    Beatus vir qui suffert temtationem.
    Quanium c-um probatus feurit accipient coronam vitae.

Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison.

Oh quam sancta, quam serena, quam benigna, quam amoena.
    Oh castitatis lilium.
  •  10/16/2004 5:25:19 PM 701491 in reply to 500923

The government of any country is supposed to represent the views of it's people. That is the whole point in democracy.

The UN is the only thing that stands between the USA and it's doing whatever the hell it wants, attacking Iraq had nothing, NOTHING whatesover to do with America's security, ****wit. The UN should be what it is, the United Nations, the US should not be allowed to do what it pleases, the Americans do not under any situation have the right to do whatever the **** they please.

I'm not particularly well informed about this 'school vouchers' thing, but it sounds pretty pathetic, having vouchers... for school?

And, ****wit, do not, EVER defend the rich american fat cats, EVER, for you have no ground whatsoever to do so. They have no, NO purpose but to make money for THEMSELVES, they do not improve the economy, they make poor americans work longer hours for less pay so they fatcats can themeselves save money on health plans etc.

These ****ing rich pieces of **** have no grounds to claim that they ever earned or deserved what they have, none at all.

These rich people achieve nothing for the average person on the stock market, they make more and more money for themselves ****wit, hence Bush's removal of dividend tax.

Agreeing with lower taxes shows your greed, you would rather keep all of your money so you can live a 'happy' life with all of your precious commodities, while other people, in your own country, suffer.

Missile defence?, nobody could ever launch anything at america, this is Bush making himself seem to care about national defence, while giving the contracts to his rich friends etc.

Any terrorist with half a brain would smuggle a WMD through Mexico and detonate it at ground level, fool.

Get the **** over yourself you greedy *******, realise that there are other people in the world, with needs.

•  10/17/2004 3:17:14 AM 701128 in reply to 500923

Well, at least that last post started off well, I'll fill in some gaps:

Lower taxes = lower public funding, and America already has a crisis in education (as I understand it, these school vouchers are only redeemable for something like $2000, much less than the average cost of education these days), health (you don't have free care, we do, enough said) and a massive poverty gap (redistribution of wealth by higher taxes for the rich is the best way to solve this).

PK, perhaps you don't realise this, but 'missile defence' systems are not designed to protect the country (as Eze pointed out) but to keep the population in that nice little state of terror you have going (yes, the war on terror is terrifying, as made so by those fighting it).

And that little comment about North Korea, kinda proves you are xenophobic.

•  10/17/2004 7:41:14 AM 701502 in reply to 500923

"And that little comment about North Korea, kinda proves you are xenophobic."

how is worrying about Kim Jong Ill getting his hands on nuclear weaponry xenophobic? it doesn't mean I'm afraid of Koreans.. geez, I don't belive this..you're willing to always believe the worst about me just bacuse I'm a Republican..

When you two learn to debate in a mature adult fashon, instead of flinging insults and cuss words around like 8-year olds, give me a call. For now, I'm outta this topic.

KITTY KITTY DANCE GO

**KNC Member**

DeviantArt site

The Kitlings!
  •  10/17/2004 8:40:12 AM 701246 in reply to 500923

Okay, I was drunk and in a bad mood last night, I didn't mean to be as aggressive as I was, I apologise.

I'm assuming the worst of you for being a republican, because, you vote for 'the worst'. While you yourself may not be all of these things, it is certainly what you are choosing to represent you.

If you care to continue, I'd like you to attempt to Justify some of Bush's actions.

- Removal of Dividend Tax

- Removal of Estate Tax

- Wanting to ban abortion

- Wanting to ban gay unions

- Keeping prisoners at camp X-ray in treaty breaching standards

- Blowing a surplus of trillians into a deficit of trillians

- Refusing to agree to the kyoto treaty

- Ignoring the UN

- Not showing any direct interest in helping Africa

•  10/17/2004 11:13:13 PM 702526 in reply to 500923

Yeah, Bush is a bitch.  We get it already. 

But yeah, I'm voting this year.  Sure, it may all be futile, but hey, at least this time I get a say in how we **** the world up this time. 

What more can you ask for than that? 

Page 3 of 7 (94 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML