Comics, Art, and Fun!
Welcome to WCN Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Top WebComics Blogs Forums Photos Links Downloads

"The Future Belongs to Freedom, not Fear."

Last post 07-08-2006, 7:43 AM by fluffy-mittens. 93 replies.
Page 4 of 7 (94 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10/18/2004 4:13:06 PM 702108 in reply to 500923

RE: "The Future Belongs to Freedom, not Fear."

Trust me, voting isn't futile.
    millions will do it, but the 1 single difference can make the ultimate decision.

Imagine if every single person said "I won't vite, it's useless", no one would vote and then they might use 'coin flipping' as a last resort. Do you really wanna give the desision to 'aero-dynamics'?

And you could ask for more then that. You could be the one who actually ****'s up the world by yourself.

I've been dreaming of saving the world from all terror and destruction. And when that would be finished, I'd just turn myself against the world and **** it up 10 times as bad as it was. Just for fun...

Ack, you got me started rag, stop me!
    Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium.
    Beatus vir qui suffert temtationem.
    Quanium c-um probatus feurit accipient coronam vitae.

Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison.

Oh quam sancta, quam serena, quam benigna, quam amoena.
    Oh castitatis lilium.
  •  10/19/2004 1:46:39 AM 701672 in reply to 500923

NO! If people keep voting, people will think that its okay to vote and democracy is a good thing. Its not, its possibly one of the worst things to happen to us (alongside religion, technology, society and whatever else). Please, make it stop!
  •  10/19/2004 3:01:11 AM 701909 in reply to 500923

Is there anything that humanity has achieved that doesn't bother you? 

•  10/19/2004 5:42:16 AM 703025 in reply to 500923

Yes.

•  10/19/2004 11:09:19 AM 701500 in reply to 500923

Oh well, it looks like we scared a certain Tory-boy off, either through crude language or over-whelming 'clamping up'.

So, I'll just have a series on random rants, that I will try to keep on target, I'll start some time tommorow but for tonight I'll leave a nice quote I found.

"We do not say that a man who shows no interest in politics is a man who minds his own businesses; we say that he has no business here at all."

From 'The Peloponnesian War'.

•  10/20/2004 9:55:10 AM 702834 in reply to 500923

How's this for a quote? [paraphrasing]"...this will not be an army of all volunteers..."[/paraphrasing]-George W.

If it wasn't for one of his loyal supporters sitting behing him, good ol' Dubbya wouldn't have realised that he just made an ass out of himself, once again. I mean, come on, if the guy has screwed up his public speaking this much on countless occasions, that alone would make me think twice about voting for him if I had that intention.
    Each day that comes is one day closer to Pedro's demise.

And no oompa-loompas.
  •  10/31/2004 4:54:38 AM 706211 in reply to 500923

I have been thinking about that recent Bin Laden video, regardless of the content or his views etc. this video pissed me off for another reason.

Bin Laden wants George Bush to win the election.

Bush's violent and aggressive foreign policy involving attacking countries that are perhaps not ready for democracy anyway. And more importantly, allowing Israel to continue it's campaign of oppresion and subjugation against Palastine [sp?].

These policies themselves encourage terrorism, giving many a reason to fight Western Imperialism.

By making this tape, Bin Laden has pushed national security back to the top of the agenda, where, for some reason, Bush has a decisive lead (Regardless of the fact that both agree on most things here, and that the president doesn't make much of a direct difference to security, regardless of antagonising potential terrorists).

So, essentially Bin Laden's video has done little but to encourage American's fears (Seriously though, how likely is the average American likely to be attacked by terrorists?) and make it more likely that Bush wins a second term.

On a seperate note I was also thinking that with the rising unemployment under Bush, who is it going off and joining the army to fight in Bush's crusades?

You got it, The Unemployed young men and women.

•  10/31/2004 6:05:32 AM 705167 in reply to 500923

The tape could go either way. Yes it helps Bush by bringing the war on terror back into focus, but it could also harm him for the same reasons: The fact that he totally ****ed it up. American military advisors warned him not to go into Iraq until he'd finished with Afghanistan, and now terrorists there are doing what terrorists in Iraq are doing. Whats to stop terrorists all over the world taking hostages (not just from specific countries, but independants too)? And whats to stop America crusading into Iran, Syria, North Korea or Africa? Nothing. The Americans won't stop creating terrorists because without fear the people would not be so loyal and the terrorists won't stop being so because they have not achieved what they are fighting for. Each one fuels the other and I don't see any way out of this cycle of violence. Bottom line: We're ****ed. But I don't think it matters who wins, if Gore had won last time, he still would have gone into Afghanistan and (eventually) Iraq. And Kerry is still going on about 'destroying the root of terror'. Call me paranoid, but a two-party system is ideal for setting up a puppet candidate opposite the current president so it really doesn't matter who wins.

Osama Bin Laden is damn clever, I'll grant him that. He was all business on this latest tape (no camo gear, no gun). And he was talking politics, not war. He said he didn't hate Americans because of their religion, he hates America because of its' foreign policy. This is exactly how the majority of Europe and the middle-east feels, portraying him as more of a freedom-fighter than a terrorist. He already has had a huge effect on the Spanish elections... I'm betting whatever the outcome to the US elections, Bin Laden will be a happy man.

•  11/2/2004 3:59:46 AM 708072 in reply to 500923

Today is the day.

Apparently it's a dead heat at this point. Some polls put Kerry ahead in the main swing states, others Bush.

I've got this niggling feeling that Bush is going to nudge his way in again.

Hopefully Americans will 'give the new guy a chance', rather than watch Bush continue to demolish what Clinton built.

•  11/3/2004 4:24:22 PM 707517 in reply to 500923

Well, it's official. We're seriously ****ed. Republican President, House, Senate, and in my case, Governor. I'm so proud to say that Vermont gave Kerry his first 3 electoral votes, but other then that, I'm just depressed as hell at the outcome of these elections. As split as this nation is right now, we'll never be able to pull together. We'd be lucky to avoid civil war at this point. *sigh* Can anyone reccomend what country I should move to?

And no oompa-loompas.
  •  11/3/2004 4:26:42 PM 708089 in reply to 500923

Have the whole of New England secede from the US and form your own nation
  •  11/3/2004 4:32:55 PM 707519 in reply to 500923

That is actually the first thing that came to my mind. Seriously... I wanna start a petition. We'll become our own nation, not a part of Canada, or something crappy like that.

And no oompa-loompas.
  •  11/3/2004 4:46:34 PM 708090 in reply to 500923

Well, apparently states have the right to withdraw from the union.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/dilorenzo2.html

This article also shows that it isn't the first time New England thought about it.

•  11/3/2004 4:52:41 PM 707520 in reply to 500923

We'd be much better off, and we could elect Dean our president. That'd be like heaven on earth in my opinion. Anyway, I guess at the moment, I'm stuck living in this conservative, money grubbing, hee-haw redneck loving, civil rights revoking nation.

And no oompa-loompas.
  •  11/6/2004 10:03:20 AM 708080 in reply to 500923

I had something in mind to post here, but with the 'issue' surrounding this thread I kinda forgot...

So instead, I'll relay some information from 'The Guardian' newspaper on the Social analysis of the election.

The article shows differenct social groups and who gained what percentage of their vote. Some of the totals don't quite add up though, so meh.

By Gender: Men voted for Bush (54%/45), Women voted for Kerry (52/47).

By ethnicity: White people voted for Bush (57%/42). Afro-Americans for Kerry (89/11). Other minorities voted for Kerry (55-59/40-42).

By age: 18-29 year olds voted for Kerry (54%/44). The age groups older than that voted for Bush (50-53/46-49).

By income: Below $15k voted for Kerry (63%/36). Between $50k and $75k voted for Bush (55/44) and over $200k for Bush (62/37). The article does not give statistics for those between $15k and $50k, or between $75k and $200k.

By education: People with college degrees marginally went for Kerry (50%/47), those without went for Bush (52/48)

By Church attendance: No surprises at all in this one. Those who attended more than weekly went for Bush (63%/25), as did those who went weekly (58/41). Monthly Church goers were split (50/50). Those that only went a few times a year voted for Kerry (55/44), as did those who never went (64/34).

Gun owners: 61% of gunowners voted for Bush and 41% went to Kerry... so 102% of gunowners voted?... don't ask...

Gay/Bisexual: 77% of Gays and Bisexuals voted for Kerry, only 23% voted for Bush.

Page 4 of 7 (94 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML